Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

hot hot hot

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hot hot hot

Hey guys brand hew to this wondering if there is any mods out there that help my 2006 700 sportsmen stay cool. From what i read on other posts it seems like im screwed. Is there a thermostat i can get to watch my temp instead of waiting for it to heat up. Thanks

Old 07-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default hot hot hot

www.highlifter.com sells a temp gauge for atvs

what coolant mix do you run?

If you ride in mud or some environment where your radiator doesn't get much air, I would suggest installing a switch that overrides the fan switch-- you can turn the fan on whenever you want

Old 07-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default hot hot hot

I just changed my mix to a 50/50. it seems to have helpedquite a bit but still overheating.

Old 07-14-2006, 09:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default hot hot hot

You can do what I have done to my Predators and now my Outlaw. I flush my system out with a garden hose on LOW and then manually blow all that water out. I have used a premixed product called Enige Ice for the past 3 years in my race bikes with great results. I am currently using Engine Cool-Aide from Maxima. My fan isn't coming on hardly at all now, BUT, it will freeze in the winter, so must be drained beforehand. Engine ice is good for freezing conditions and both of these far outperform regular coolant that comes in it from the factory.