Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

dg pipe or ftr performance pipe??????

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2000, 12:31 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys ive seen just about every polaris trailblazer pipe available from hpd,hot seat,rcr,
dg,ftr,choppercity,aaen,dynoport, name it ive seen
them. Well I only like the DG style and ftr perf
pipe I wanted to know if any of you have one of these two pipes and if there any good. I would
appreciate your input.also best clutch kit ???

00 trailblazer,moose bars,red scott grips,fox rac.
crossbar pad,DG race bumper,K&N air filter.
92 Toyota 4x4 3in body lift,pace setter header,flowmaster muffler,33in mud tires,15x9 alloys,rancho 5000s,Kenwood D mask

Old 11-28-2000, 01:30 PM
Trailblazer

at present I'm using the ftr pipe on my 98 scrambler. If your blazer is anything like the 400 you'll need a shoehorn to get that pipe on. But after making the necessary mods to accomodate the pipe, then re-jetting & filter mods..... man that thing is quick. I'm happy with the differance. Bob

Old 11-28-2000, 03:39 PM
Trailblazer

i bought a dg for my 95 tblazer when i had it,and the freaking thing would'nt fit.all that waiting for it for nothing....even if it would of fit there was no jetting info with it,and no clutch kit either.my advice is go with the rcr.i went with the hpd on my 98tb and found out it's alot louder,and has a very high engagement compared to rcr.just my 2cnts

Old 11-28-2000, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

I would be a little leery of buying from FTR. I know of 2 different people who had to cancel swingarm orders from them because they lied about when they would ship them out.

Old 11-28-2000, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

Stick with HPD, if you want the best, that is.

Old 11-28-2000, 10:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

we have the ftr pipe on my wifes t-blazer, with an FMF silencer, it has a nice tingy sound. the ftr silencer was way too loud, it rattled the dishes in the house. we switched from the ftr clutch kit to one from chopper city. i dont recomend ftr clutch kits, i called the guys at chopper and told them the mods the bike had and they hooked me up real good. from a dead stop it will wheelie with my 200lbs no problem. spend the extra 50 and get the nickle finish pipe, i have to repaint ours already, its only a year old.

Old 11-29-2000, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

The DG and FTR pipes along with the FMF are all "junk" as far as performance. Get a real pipe from RcR. It's not as pretty, but you can wave as you pass them all by.

Old 11-30-2000, 07:08 PM
Range Rover

Pro44us,

How do u like the FTR pipe on your wifes trailblazer? How much horsepower do u think it added? Thanks,

Old 11-30-2000, 08:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Trailblazer00, The person on the phones at FTR claims about 8hp, how true that is I dont know. I have always used FMF on my other quads and thats why I did on my Sport. If they offered a pipe for the TB I whould have got it. I never herd of the other brands like HPD,RCR,HOTSEAT, not to say anything bad about them, a lot of people on here use them. These are the first two Polaris atvs we have owned, and I bought the pipes almost a year befor I found this site. If I were to do the TB again I dont think I would have got the FTR, I would have went with what the majority of the readers use.

Old 11-30-2000, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

how much did you pay for the pipe they told me 249
with silencer black or natural and 349 for the nickel finish. I thought that was pretty steep.
Also what is it that you dont like about the pipe???? is it too loud what other mods does your TB have that you can get it to *****

Quick Reply: dg pipe or ftr performance pipe??????