Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman 2 --> 3 headlight modification

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 2 --> 3 headlight modification

CLICK HERE FOR PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Anyone with any experience with this mod? Good or bad input appreciated!

Old 09-15-2006, 06:34 AM
Range Rover

I love it !!!!!!! Easy install and with the pod light on with the low beams bright as he!!.
davey

Old 09-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Pro Rider

way out here,watch out for a dead battery,been there,done that. use it wisey,turn your high beam off when your fan comes on, it drains to much power,don't use it,until you really need it,just some advice!!! wayout out.........................

Old 09-15-2006, 02:03 PM
UTU
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had mine with this mod for 2 years. Just use it at night in the woods or coming back to the camp site. Works good for me. Some use with a switch where they can turn off the 3 way mod when plowing.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Trailblazer

Just bought it, hopefully this guy is a good ebayer. I'm very curious about this reverse button by-pass. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 09-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: wayout
way out here,watch out for a dead battery,been there,done that. use it wisey,turn your high beam off when your fan comes on, it drains to much power,don't use it,until you really need it,just some advice!!! wayout out.........................
I agree with wayout. It's a big drain on the battery if your running all three headlights and the fan comes on. All three headlights is a pretty good drain in itself. I get the battery warning flash when mine's at idle with all three lights on and fan kicks on.
Also you don't need a kit you can very carfully toggle your switch between high and low and get all three lights to come on.

Trooper

04 700 Sprotsman

Old 09-15-2006, 07:52 PM
UTU
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: trooperK
Originally posted by: wayout
I agree with wayout. It's a big drain on the battery if your running all three headlights and the fan comes on. All three headlights is a pretty good drain in itself. I get the battery warning flash when mine's at idle with all three lights on and fan kicks on.
Also you don't need a kit you can very carfully toggle your switch between high and low and get all three lights to come on.

Trooper

04 700 Sprotsman
seen that been there causes switch to overheat melt wires. not on mine but , seen that tried with melting wires the rezult (:<

Trending Topics

Old 09-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

Worth it, if you drive at night alot ... i also found it a drain on the battery.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

I am like Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor, I always want more.

I had all three on and 2 more that I mounted, on my '01 500. These guys are right about draining the batt.

I was on a bootleg trail at night once, and needed 4 wheel drive. The constant draining of the batt. made for a fun ride. I couldn't turn my lights down to 2 because I didn't have the diode. Mine were either all 5 on or off. So, I would have to stop when I needed 4X4, turn lights off, and wait a few minutes for battery to charge before I could proceed with AWD.

To be honest though, I upgraded to a Odyssey brand dry cell battery with over 300 CCA. Never had much trouble after that. My winch worked better too!!!
( imagine that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Hey, I will tell you about another experiment. My '01 SP 500 headlight pod bulb had a high and low beam in it. Polaris only uses the high beam side. I tryed jumping to the low beam side at the same time. Believe it or not this will actually give more light. Anyway I took lens temperature of the pod, I forget the temp., but I was nervous that it would start to melt the lens. With high and low on the lens was MUCH hotter than just the high beam on.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:20 AM
Trailblazer

Those bulbs aren't ment to run both high and low at the same time. I know all the cars I work on have either a module or relay that switches the other side of the bulb off when useing it's other half. I would be <u>very</u> hesitant to run both at the same time. I would bet that it would even melt the socket.

Quick Reply: Sportsman 2 --> 3 headlight modification