Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

predator outlaw

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default predator outlaw

Yeah I knew what IRS meant, i was just unsure if it wasnt hooking up good because of it or something. I have never ridden an IRS quad so I didnt know if that had anything to do with why it wasnt going in the sand. The only reason I figured it was the IRS is because there was a predator with him and could go way better than the outlaw. (They are almost the same other than the IRS arent they?) Anyway Im not bashing the outlaw, it just wasnt overly impressive that day in the sand.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default predator outlaw

1. the KTM 525 motor is 510cc's.
2. the Outlaw 525 weighs the exact same as the Raptor 700

im confident in saying that the outlaw 525 will be in a league of its own, and faster than the raptor 700's and so is polaris, having factually documented that it is the fastest current production quad in a straight line and on the trails.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default predator outlaw

im confident in saying that the outlaw 525 will be in a league of its own, and faster than the raptor 700's and so is polaris, having factually documented that it is the fastest current production quad in a straight line and on the trails.
Cant wait to sandblast one with the shee...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2006, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default predator outlaw

Actually, the 525 Outlaw WILL outrun everything INCLUDING the 700R.

page through this online catalog until you see the acceleration charts... it's impressive to say the least:
2007 Polaris ATV Catalog

(ok doyle, maybe not your super modded banshee...) but stock for stock this thing will take out anything else on the market, even in the straightline!!! The price seems fair to me for that level of performance [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default predator outlaw

Originally posted by: Crazyhillclimber
umm dude. irs stands for indepandent rear suspension. and no it probly won't compeet with the 700 raptor. that is just crazy fast, but it kills itself and won't last long. even the yamaha people don't like it because of its crappy transmission, it can't handle that abuse well. as for the 525, its a 515cc ktm engine one of the new projects polaris and ktm made. but i haven't ridden a irs sport quad, just a utility.
Dont really care which is faster but not sure where you are getting your info. I havent heard of one transmission problem on the 700 and i spend alot of time on a raptor forum. You maybe confused with the 660 but even that was only 1 model year.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default predator outlaw

Arent arguments about whats faster fun especially when something isnt even out yet lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Just for the record I do beleive the new outlaw is going to be fast and run with anything out there stock for stock but that said a Roll On accerlation chart doesnt really transfer to a real race condition so I save my comments till i see one run. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default predator outlaw

* agrees

The Outlaw in that chart seems to have the best performance in each gear, so i imagine it will be quicker, but like you said, best to wait until they come out. Either way, the main draw for me is 700r class horse-power in a Gncc-legal package!!! That's the one largest reason i bought my Preddy to begin w/ instead of the SWEET black 660r. one way or another, even if it just were to match the 700r, like i said, that level of horsepower in a 510cc motor will be awesome!

Old 09-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default predator outlaw

quick question, wat do yall think the bugs r gonna be in this one. im thinkin the welds again but forgive if im wrong

Old 09-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default predator outlaw

I mean you never know...Like when the rappy was new it was the tranny..and when the yfz450 was new it was the rod..But being the motor that there putting in it is already proving its self..I really dont think there will be alot of probs with them...Besides my banshee sand blasting them..LOL..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default predator outlaw

i doubt there is really going to be any problems. the outlaw chassis is past its first year, and the motor has been used for years. if its anything i put my money on the electricals

Quick Reply: predator outlaw