Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HO and TRAXTER WEIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2000, 10:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new ho weighs 4 pounds more than a traxter.put a winch on both and the traxter weighs 12 pounds more.the big difference is the winch,you put a winch on the ho and you will scoop the mud into your radiator,what a dumb setup,you mount your winch in front of the radiator on a bracket shaped like a shovel,polaris is notorious for overheating and you just added a scoop shovel in front of your radiator.ive had 3 polaris bikes and they were all junk.buy the bomb,rear radiator,reliable and no Japanese motor.polaris is unreliable,there quality sucks,and if you ride alot take a look at the quads broke down along the trail,90 percent will be polaris,absolute junk.good luck,good ridin ahead.and dont forget if you need a push or a tow look for the man on the bomb.....

Old 12-05-2000, 10:40 AM
Trailblazer

Rode the traxter before I decided on polaris, bought two of them. Have been great machines, ride the crap out of them. Have only seen one Traxter on the trail, Roy A Taylor ATV park. Broke down, no power. Could happen to any brand of quad. Did not buy Traxter because 2 hours to nearest dealer, had not sold any to date, price out of line with other brands. Service manager at dealership said he would stay away from the Traxter, buy Honda or Polaris. They did not sell Polaris, but service manager owned both. Learned my lesson about new companies with Buell, dealerships droping the line like crazy. Next thing you know its 4 hours to nearest dealer. Wish you luck with your Bomb, hope it doesent go off!!!!

Old 12-05-2000, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

Good luck on your Traxter. I haven't seen one of these up here in the NorthWest, yet. Maybe your Traxter will be more reliable.

Good luck

Old 12-05-2000, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With all due respect, girzzidog, why did you post such a message on the Polaris forum?

What reaction do you expect from Polaris forum readers?

What action do you expect Polaris owners to take after they read your post?

One wonders; whom are you trying to convince of the superiority of your Bombardier and the wisdom of your purchase, yourself?

No criticism intended; only, I'd appreciate answers to each of my questions; your motivation intrigues me.

Tree Farmer

Old 12-05-2000, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

keyword being bomb.

Old 12-05-2000, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

Just a sideline question here. Didn't Polaris give the HO a bigger/better/more efficient radiator compared to the non-HO models? Or am I mistaken? I have heard both ways & was just curious.

Old 12-05-2000, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh Yah,
when I read a post like the one this guy just did,I allways go to their profile first,and as usual,the guys a rookie in the Forums.He has a grand total of 8 posts.No long time Forum user posts garbage like his.

Being a Veteran Forum user myself,I wont even give him the satisfation of a comment.Silence is sometimes golden,
Bill

Old 12-07-2000, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Bill~
Yes, I would say you could qualify as a veteran in this forum...over 1,800 posts!!!

Old 12-07-2000, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

shhhhhhhhh. As Chub would say to grizidog: "Dad?, Hey Dad".........

Old 12-10-2000, 08:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

yes,i ride alot,average 3000 miles a year,and your right ,i dont spend alot of time posting messages.

Quick Reply: HO and TRAXTER WEIGHT