Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris trailblazer 250 or mojave

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2000, 04:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In everyones honest opionion which is the better for the price a mojave or polaris trailblazer 250, both of them are racers i know, i would like to know which is faster, more quality, and since i am a biger guy which would be more confortable, I have ridden a mojave several times and it was quick,, sort of roomy but a little cramped, and decently powerful, but is a polaris better?

Old 12-07-2000, 05:21 PM
BK
Pro Rider

My brother bought a Trail Blazer about a month ago. He really likes it a lot. I had bought a Trail Boss a week earlier and once he saw how well it rode and handled, he was sold. The price on the T Blazer is $3199 and I have seen them selling as low as $2999. You get a lot of machine for the money. It is a great trail machine. The Blazer will fit a bigger rider very well. The Mojave will probably be a better jumper but won't ride as well. The Mojave doesn't have electric start and is higher priced. Any other questions? BK

2001 Trail Boss

Old 12-07-2000, 05:38 PM
Range Rover

I've never rode a Mojave - so I really can't compare the two. But I have a 00 TB and I love it. A real nice machine for the $. I haven't had any problems with mine. I've been through water and mud without a problem that my buddy's Honda 400ex gets stuck in. I'm getting ready to do some mods to give it a kick in the rear powerwise. I do some jumping with it and it's not bad, I would agree that a Mojave would probably be better in that area though. I weigh 200lbs and can handle turns very well on it.

Like I said - I can't really compare since I've never ridden the Mojave - but the TB is a nice quad.

Old 12-07-2000, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

I would say the mojave. I own a 1988 mojave ksf 250. It's a great bike and I seldom have problems with it. It's an excellent jumper and is pretty quick also. I have raced a trailblazer. I pretty much left him standing there. I think with a few mods though the trailblazer could be really quick. It's a lot easier to modify a 2 stroke than a 4 stroke. From what I hear the trailblazers are reliable. Don't let the 2 stroke make you think there is more maintenance, there isn't. I own a polaris xplorer 400 4x4 and a honda atc 250r. They are both 2 stokes. Really easy to maintain. I think the choice is down to the tranny for the 2 machines. If you like to shift and rev high in the rpm's before shifting get the mojave. If you just want something that you just nail the throttle and go get the trailblazer. It's a difficult choice but I would choose the mojave.

Old 12-07-2000, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

I'm 6'3", 270 pounds, and me and my girlfriend are very comfortable on my 00 TBlazer. Like everyone else said, its not very fast, about 45 will tie mine up, but its a great machine, and plenty of mods available.

Old 12-07-2000, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer

Traiblazer definetly, get it and then order a HPD Pipe and Clutch Kit and you will blow by a mojave all the time. I ride with one and beat him. Plus the Traiblazer is much more roomey.

Cobra
2000 Traiblazer
HPD Pipe, HPD Clutch Kit, K&N Airfilter

Old 12-07-2000, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

I have owned both. I had a 96 model mojave and stripped the oil drain plug then I got a trailblazer. If I had the choice between the two I would take the mojave. I had a hpd pipe and silencer on the trailblazer and that made a big difference but the starter went out twice on the trailblazer and something was wrong with the motor when I sold it. The mojave is quicker stock but you still have to kick it to start it. If I were you I would take a look at the kawasaki lokata same suspension, bigger motor, but has eletric start. I am not bashing polaris I still own one.

Old 12-07-2000, 11:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok to be honest i have owned both of these machines and i loved them both the mojave was a great machine and personally i would choose the majave over anything even my new scarmbler becasue it rode greatand good even though i crashed many times on rider error. so get the mojave the trailblazer is good but it is just to slow and no power for the money get the mojave

Old 12-07-2000, 11:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok to be honest i have owned both of these machines and i loved them both the mojave was a great machine and personally i would choose the majave over anything even my new scarmbler becasue it rode greatand good even though i crashed many times on rider error. so get the mojave the trailblazer is good but it is just to slow and no power for the money get the mojave. and the mojave is so easy to start i was 12 when i had the mojave im 16 now and when it was cold i could always start it on the second kicka nd it was a 1990 so get the mojave