Okay all, I am thinking of investing in my Christmas gift
to myself early. I want a Polaris Plow system for my Sportsman
450. When I read and check out things I see the blade, lift kit,
electric blah blah blah.

I want to know straight up what all I need as it is confusing to
me from the web sites and catalogs. Is the Plow system for
all quads piece mealed? FYI, I already have
an installed winch. And how much total US dollars will
I be forking out? Trying to achieve at least a 52" blade.

Much obliged!

R'

Old 11-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Plow system components

My understanding is you need a Glacier plow frame part#2874771 price 269.99 U.S.
and you need Razor blade 60" part # 2875370 price 239.99 U.S.
You already have the winch.....But I would myself get the manual lift insteat of using the winch....Do to the fact my buddy at work has to CUT and discard the first 10-12 inches of cable every year Which in my point of view is not rated for the 2500 lbs. anymore but rated for the homemade cable clamp that keeps getting replaced every year..........caper......If the manual lift handle is only APP. $100.00 more (I am just taking a guess here) I think it is well worth it.....Anybody disagree ...Please let me know why!!!!....thanks........................caper.... ..

Old 11-21-2006, 06:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a manual lift for a plow at one time and then I got a winch and threw that manual thing in the scrap bin.

Old 11-21-2006, 08:19 AM
Pro Rider

On ebay can get a full glacier system from Breeselawn for 4-500 depending on what want. I have bought from them before. If do a search for polaris plow are warn and others also.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Speeddrive1
I had a manual lift for a plow at one time and then I got a winch and threw that manual thing in the scrap bin.
Was it just easier with the winch.........Rather than reach for the lever!!!!!

You didn't tell me why you got rid of the manual lift for your plow........How is your winch cable holding out!!!!!......caper......

Old 11-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

The cable is fine even after 4 years. The winch is much easier, the manual handle that I had opperated from the same side as the shifter is on. With this setup you couldn't raise or lower the plow and change from fwd to reverse at the same time. Now with the winch the switch is on the left handlebar and the shifter on the right, you can opperate both and still have a grip on the bars.

Old 11-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Trailblazer

Funny you should mention "cable". Twice I had to get my cable fixed. Right fromt the get go it was fraying cables with the first one breaking the first time out. I finally took the roller fairlead apart and took a grinder to the bottom inside corners where the cable was rubbing, smoothed it all out and repainted it. I had a 12 foot cable made at the same time and only use that set up for the plow. I went to a spiderwire cable and a billet aluminum fairlead for the summer.

I use the full frame polaris push tube that hooks in the rear hitch and have loved it. two pins and its disconnected. Very even weight distribution, and not as much nose diving. I got mine the last year they made it (04)...

Old 11-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Trailblazer

I made my own, pretty easy actually, you can see it in the album called "SNOW PLOW" http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hey...down/my_photos

I have since then put a better blade on it and added the tilt springs to it, it works great for the amount of snow I need to move.

Old 11-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer

I purchased the Glacier II Plow system when I bought my X2. I've played with it since I got it! Very easy to hook and unhook. Just drive up to it, pull the lever up and your ready to go. I broke my back in Iraq in 2005 so the winch is the only way to go. LET IT SNOW LET SNOW LET IT SNOW!!! HA ha ha ha. I'm wondering if I need chains though? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]