Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

00' trailblazer 250 leaking fuel from carb..

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00' trailblazer 250 leaking fuel from carb..

I have a 2000 trailblazer that I have been battling for weeks now to get right..

For some reason today, it decided to start leaking fuel out of the carbs clear line, I think its the vent, the line that attaches on the top of the carb, and on the bottom... The fuel seams to be coming from the line that is connected to the bowl. Its leaking steady while turned on, idleing, and at throttle speeds, but not while turned off. Recently I took apart the carb and found everything clogged up, I cleaned all the jets, un-stuck the floats, cleaned the bowl, made sure everything had a clear passage.. The only thing I have done different is use a little carbon cleaner in the fuel.

Its like, I fix one thing, and it starts doing another.. grr. Damn carb is giving me so many issues.

also, how do you know if the oil pump is working correctly other then the obvious engine death?

Thanks. -jordan

Old 11-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

Normally when fuel leaks from the bowl overflow the float level is incorrect, the float vavle is worn, or float valve seat is worn. If this is the case it should leak whether it is running or not. You make check the other vents on the carb to see if there clogged too.

To check the oil pump you will have to mix some oil with your gas. Then unhook the line from the oil pump probably and see if any oil comes out. If you remove the line from the pump, you will have to prime the pump when you put the line back. To do this you have to loosen the phillips head screw until oil comes out for a few seconds. These Trailblazers use very little oil so it will seem like they don't use any oil.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

its only leaking while running.. as soon as I shut down.. It stops.. I dont know whats going on.. Im going to rip apart the carb again and see ... any idea on how to adjust the floats?? -Jordan

Old 11-29-2006, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

To measure the float you tip the carb upside down with bowl removed. Then make the float valve barely touch the seat. Measure the bistance from the bottom of the float to the base gasket. I don't know the measurement .If it needs adjustment you bend the arm on the float