Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I've got it bad!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've got it bad!

I can't wait for the thaw. My quads are racking up the hours with very few miles. I am planning a trip to Harlan Co. KY as soon as it gets decently warm. I went out and checked the coolant and other fluids in both quads today, tested the batteries, and stalked the mice that have been nesting near them in the shed that I keep them in. All of this with a wind chill of -7 deg. F. I need to get a good day's ride in or I may not make it. My days off fell right on two of the coldest days of the year so far. I may come down with something and miss a couple days of work soon. I feel it coming on.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I've got it bad!

aahh waiting for spring is a hard thing. its -6 below w/ about a -30 below wind chill and very depressing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] bring on the warm weather

Old 02-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Default I've got it bad!

Originally posted by: LawdogB2
I can't wait for the thaw. My quads are racking up the hours with very few miles. I am planning a trip to Harlan Co. KY as soon as it gets decently warm. I went out and checked the coolant and other fluids in both quads today, tested the batteries, and stalked the mice that have been nesting near them in the shed that I keep them in. All of this with a wind chill of -7 deg. F. I need to get a good day's ride in or I may not make it. My days off fell right on two of the coldest days of the year so far. I may come down with something and miss a couple days of work soon. I feel it coming on.
i cant belive ky is getting that cold thats not normal is it??? mi dad lives down in lee county and he was telling me that its in the 20s last week he told me it was in the 60s quite a diffrences isnt it???

Old 02-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I've got it bad!

Originally posted by: stendori
aahh waiting for spring is a hard thing. its -6 below w/ about a -30 below wind chill and very depressing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] bring on the warm weather
-30 deg C tonight here with out the windchill.....
actual temperture......Lets see that is -22 F for you guys in the U.S.A.
Buy the way this is in Huntsville, Ontario,Canada...................Caper............ ....

Old 02-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default I've got it bad!

I feel for you guy's.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I went riding today. A bit windy but 74 degrees[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But then you figure come June to end of August it's 105 plus here.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] No good for riding then either. But sometimes I still do.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Hope it warms up soon for you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default I've got it bad!

Wait are you tellin me I should wait till it gets warm? I put 60 miles on my sportsman this weekend and who knows how many on my trailboss. Of course most of the time on the trailboss i was spinnin in circles on the pond. I love winter wheelin clean and crisp, if the ice is thick enough!

Bill

Old 02-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Range Rover
Location: Central Valley Ca 1.5 hr to the Sierra Mts & 2 hrs to Pismo Beach
Default I've got it bad!

Originally posted by: LawdogB2
Why wait?
Sunday I drove up to our local mountains (2 Hr drive) to play in the snow. With the 800 equipped with tracks I started at 7000 ft elv. on the 4 hr ride the trail peaked at 9500 ft. I saw more quads then snowmobiles on the trail. One group was coming back from a camping trip; they had been in to Lake Edison, about a 3 hr ride. They were all on SP 700 & 800's (no tracks wheels only).
This is why I own a quad and not a boat or snowmobile I can use the quad all year long. From the dunes at the ocean to the trails in the mountains.
SO why wait?

Old 02-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default I've got it bad!

I've waited because I can't get anyone to go with me. To get anywhere of decent size to ride, I have to trailer about 45 minutes away. When I get there, there most likely won't be anyone to find my carcass or to help me out if I need it. I got about 6 inches of snow today and spent about 30 minutes rutting up my yard. For some reason when it was really cold out, I couldn't get anyone to go with me. Now that it is pretty cold, about 5 degrees F and six inches of snow, my phone is ringing off of the hook with my buddies wanting to go ride. I guess the snow makes the difference for them. The little ride today helped me get my fix.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default I've got it bad!

I have been taking my quads out behind my house. Not a lot of trails but enough to fix the itch. In the next few weeks I will be tearing down my KFX and checking it out so that should keep me occupied.

Hopefully you can hold out until your trip.

Sincerely,

Jeff

Old 02-07-2007, 01:17 AM
Range Rover
Default I've got it bad!

Its -7 f here and just got done plowing the 4" snow the alberta clipper dropped here in mn with my 99 xplorer 400 jetted for 0 to 40 f, was running a little crisp. I think i do all the neighbors yards cause it is so fun. Just wear the appropriate clothing and its not too bad. Gotta love winter [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]