Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Should I be PO'd

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007 | 12:56 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Should I be PO'd

I have had my 07' LE 500 x2 for less than a month, 4 days lost to a warranty repair, and now I see they are offering a 07' LE Beige x2 with ADC and a winch as STD. equip. for the same $. I just paid big bucks for my x2 which came W/Out the ADC and a winch that cost me $300. I could see if this was a different model year and such but I'm a bit PO'd at Polaris. I have sent them a email but doubt they'll do anything, which will be their loss since this would be my 4th and final Polaris. What do you think, to bad so sad or a legit bitch?

Old 02-17-2007 | 01:11 PM
Range Rover
Default Should I be PO'd

You have every right to be angry... but you should also be a little disappointed with yourself....
The dealer would have had to order these new units and may have know prior to you buying the one you have now.... Good luck with your next ATV purchase...

Old 02-17-2007 | 02:29 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default Should I be PO'd

personally i think alot of dealers and mfg. are about the same in it for them selfs to make money first and customer satifaction last. its a crying shame but true for all brands i think. i would doubt there is any thing can be done but its worth it to try i guess.

Old 02-17-2007 | 02:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Should I be PO'd

I think its kinda rediculous that you would not buy another Polaris just because they came out with something different. All manufactures do this and limited edition is limited edition. They will only make so many of them and then thats it. If your dealer was a good dealer he would make a great deal on trade in for your 07. I dont see the reason to be po'd and its no ones fault.

Old 02-17-2007 | 08:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Should I be PO'd

Well I just looked at the website and if had of know about a 500 Stealth with winch and ADC I would've been all over it like a fat kid on a smartie, but I guess blue will have to do. . . . . . I'm over it

Old 02-17-2007 | 08:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Should I be PO'd

Originally posted by: LiftOff
I have had my 07' LE 500 x2 for less than a month, 4 days lost to a warranty repair, and now I see they are offering a 07' LE Beige x2 with ADC and a winch as STD. equip. for the same $. I just paid big bucks for my x2 which came W/Out the ADC and a winch that cost me $300. I could see if this was a different model year and such but I'm a bit PO'd at Polaris. I have sent them a email but doubt they'll do anything, which will be their loss since this would be my 4th and final Polaris. What do you think, to bad so sad or a legit bitch?
What LE500X2 did you get. What did you get over the standard X2? I can't see you paying $8600 for the $500.

Old 02-18-2007 | 09:40 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Should I be PO'd

I see most replies are "to bad so sad" which doesn't surprise me. To answer some of the questions, the main dif between the std x2 and the LE x2 where rims, spl. color, tires and work lights, the deluxe ver. came w/ADC and a winch.

My comment about not getting another Polaris was based on a few things. After doing a lot of research I was very close to getting my first Can-Am instead of the x2 but because of my 3 previous Pol's, and a few other reasons, I stuck with Polaris. I will be getting another quad in the May/June time frame and this time I'll go with my gut unless I get some type of solid response back from Polaris. I want to be fair and maybe the LE program is a different animal with every build during the current model year having its own uniqueness (other than color) but in the considerable time I spent researching the x2 never once did I come across what just happened to me.

Old 02-18-2007 | 10:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default Should I be PO'd

Just remember that you have a great machine.

If we were always dissapointened when something new came out that was bigger, faster, stronger, or hotter, cutter, and younger, them we would always be wanting something different and new and probably getting ourselves in trouble. This happens everyday in the world we live in with everything arond us. Love what you got and remember it could be worse.

Remember our veterans overseas, were wheeling.

I bought a 2002 sp 700 in late may of 2002, when I went back to the dealer they had 2003 sp 700s in aug with a production date less than a month from mine. I was pissed, but I just remembered that I was able to ride it in 3 states that summer and I couldent take those experiences away.

Old 02-18-2007 | 11:54 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default Should I be PO'd

Originally posted by: trailbound
Just remember that you have a great machine.

If we were always dissapointened when something new came out that was bigger, faster, stronger, or hotter, cutter, and younger, them we would always be wanting something different and new and probably getting ourselves in trouble. This happens everyday in the world we live in with everything arond us. Love what you got and remember it could be worse.

Remember our veterans overseas, were wheeling.

I bought a 2002 sp 700 in late may of 2002, when I went back to the dealer they had 2003 sp 700s in aug with a production date less than a month from mine. I was pissed, but I just remembered that I was able to ride it in 3 states that summer and I couldent take those experiences away.
i do beleave i like that response myself. well said!!

Old 02-18-2007 | 02:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Should I be PO'd

You have to remember these LE that are coming out might not happen for another few months, would you have waited? When you bought yours, did you get the free winch and 2 year warranty? These might not be offered when the new LE come out.