Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

No Forward or Reverse!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Forward or Reverse!!!!!!

That's what I was thinking. I have dumped $400 into this in the last two weeks in parts alone. I just have to figure out if it is worth putting money into or try to sell it as is to get some of my money back.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yea, ask trailblazermudruner about that. he has the same problem righ tnow w/ his sled. so he knows how you feel.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

What ticks me off is that there were no signs of tranny trouble. I put it in gear and drove about 150 feet forward and it just stopped going. I looked underneath and noticed the chain was off by the front sprocket. There was no grinding or other noise. I fixed the sprocket and thought I was good to go. Guess not. It was nice and muddy out today and everything.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:44 PM

hey i hear ya i have the same problem with this sled that i got screwed over on from the frist place ran fine after the fact that sten helped me get the jets and carbs set right and now it has one bad cylinder that has 50 pounds of compression in it and the rest have 90 to 100 pounds.....the sled was running fine when mi mom and a friend was out on it and they stoped to take a brake and tryed to start it back up and wouldnt....but as for the tb it well worth the money u just have to get the stuff that was messed up with it (stuff the other own didnt keep up)....they will go any weres a 4x4 would will and then some......i had to replace a tranny cover a cupple year ago (fish taling wit loose chain and snaped) that was a 400 doller bill....as for the parts brake down in the tranny u can get it here and im sure its the same as the 2000 that i have i dont think they changed them at all really parts brake down for the 2000 tb

page c7 im guessin that the gears # 4,8,than #40,42 are the gears that might be stripped out or messed up some how now guys correct me if im rong i dont wnat to point cdr or anyone eles for that matter in the rong direction cause i know how it feels to get pulled and pushed around NOT BY anyone on here u all are really nice and helpfull people

Old 03-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for all the info trailblazermudrunner.

It might be a stretch, but does anyone know if a 1991-1993 TB tranny will work on a '96? There is what looks to be a good one on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trans...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 03-05-2007, 12:03 AM

not a problem i know it may seem like a big project but depending on the price for the parts it migh be easer to rebuild the one u have cause ur not gonna no what the inside of that one on ebay looks like or has been treatead like (no oil beat) things like that u could swap it and go down the trail 5 mile and it crap out on u or u could go 1000 and it be fine u never know....i say rebuild the one u have cause if u rebuild it u know what has been dun to it and what not......mi 2 cents

Old 03-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

I'll probably have it rebuilt or rebuild it myself. It would be the safer way to go. I'd really like to do it myself and save some $$$, but I have no clue about transmissions, so it would probably be safer to have someone who knows what they are doing do it. There are tons of small engine and transmission shops around here.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:20 PM

u just want some one that knows what they are doing.....casue u could end up paying out money and then have some one not do something right

Old 03-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

I think tomorrow night I'm going to take apart the transmission and see if I can figure this out. I would rather do it myself incase it happens again so I'll know what to do. What is the easiest way to remove the tranny? If someone like trailblazermudrunner could give me a quick overview of what to do and then what to look for that would be great. I expect that it'll take me a decent amount of time, but I don'tknow if I have to do things like remove the plastic and such.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:13 PM

well cdr i cant really help u with whats in side but i can give u some inside on hte trear down like unplug ever thing and there shoulld be two bolts the hold it donw i think im not sure i havtn torn one wont befor so im just guessing sorry i cant help u much

Quick Reply: No Forward or Reverse!!!!!!