Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

rollover

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rollover

joined this forum just now, and was looking for any advice i could find. My brother in law just purchased a Polaris. I managed to tip it over today. The worst feeling ive ever had. Its an 06 500 EFI. The pod was broken and also the speedometer had a crack in it. It wasnt a real hard fall. It rolled on its top then we pushed it back over, so it techically rolled over completely. There was some grennish colored liquid that had leaked and ran along the outside. We werent sure what it was gas oil or antifreeze...? Besides replacing the pod and speedometer, what else would need to be done to repair this? Do we need to take it to the dealer and have them check it? It started back up no problem and we packed it in the truck....that was a wrap on the day. Any advice/help is much appreciated.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Default rollover

i think it is antiefrezz that came out of the rezavore

Old 03-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rollover

CHECK the ol level........I know from my wife's roll-over. The oil will run into the air-box and fill up in there...........How long was it up-side down?.....This will depend on how much oil is in there.........
onw rider on here said .......The kid have the quad out and this happened but the father was not told about it and ran the quad with out knowing.....OOPS.....engine damage......no oil!!!!!!
also your high beam headlight adjustment will not work now... the plastic adjuster will be broke.........................Keep this in mind when looking at buying used also.........Try the high beam adjuster........if it don't work.......Then the quad was rolled!!!!!!...Caper............

Old 03-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default rollover

chances are it was antifreeze that leaked out. make sure the res. tank is still in between the add and fuel mark. if the speedo gets water in it, then chances are it will kill it and it runs the awd as well. just check the oil to make sure its stil full and maybe pull the air box apart to see if it filled w/ gas or oil. make sure the filter is dry and clean and you should be good to go. the pod is around 53.00 depending on color,and the speedo is about 240.00. sorry to depress ya. but we've all done a roll or too.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default rollover

Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka
CHECK the ol level........I know from my wife's roll-over. The oil will run into the air-box and fill up in there...........How long was it up-side down

it was only on its top for 30 seconds...maybe a minute max. we got it rolled back over quick.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rollover

That not that quick....I mean my wife's was over for only about 15 seconds and she lost enough oil in the air-box .......I needed to add some when I got back........There is a black hose in there that comes from the Plastic oil tank for a direct air line (vent). Did you guys check the oil yet!!!!...Caper....

Old 03-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Trailblazer
Default rollover

first of all relax, you feel crappy when you roll a machine but we have all done it. drain all your fluids and clean out your air box. as for the spedo, clean it out with some electrical cleaner and dry it with a can of air. plug it in and see if it works, when i rolled my 700 everything still worked after a good cleaning but the glass on the pod was busted and pol wanted $350 canadian to replace, as it is a sealed unit. go to your local hardware store and buy some 3/16" plexiglass, about $12 for a 2'x4' piece, cut a circle for your pod and silicon it to the pod, the black lock ring, as long as it is ok, will fit back over and you are set. save yourself a couple of hundred right there. hope this helps.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:09 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default rollover

Years ago I rolled my dads 97 SP500 down a hill end over end about 4 times. Both racks were broke,pod speedo,and front tires went flat. Amazingly the handle bars were fine. I change what I broke myself and it has been running fine for years now.

I think the pod idea up high on the bars is a stupid location for a speedo *(And a nessasary speedo at that,no AWD without it)* on a ATV. My freind"s did a endo on his 660 grizzly also but with its speedo location, nothing exspensive was touched.just had to pull the handle bars back up.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default rollover

My SP got rolled over and totaled the pod. I was a gentle roll over too. Make sure the AWD works since the speedo took a hit and I would verify the that frame at the top of the steering column isn't bent. It's very light metal and sure enough mine was push back enough to rub the gas tank\breather hose. cheap metal!

Old 03-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer
Default rollover

If you do need to get parts for it you might want to try these guys.

http://www.ridgerunner.biz/parts.htm

They seem to have some pretty good prices on new parts.

Quick Reply: rollover