Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATV lift!!! Question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATV lift!!! Question?

Does anyboby have a lift or jack for there ATV?

I see one on sale now in the local ad here and it is only $79.99 Canadian. 1/2 price this week!!!
It has 1500 lbs. cap. Which lifts and stores vehicles. Ex. atv's, motorcycles,lawntractors,ETC....
My only question is on the travel of the lift:

My quad has 11 inches of ground clearance but the lift is only about 15 inches of travel ...So the lift will not start to touch the quad until it reaches 11 inches and then goes up to 15 inches ....So I only get 4 inches of lift out of this thing...........Do you guys block the ATV jack so it will start to lift right-away!!!!
That just don't seem right if the jack is made for an ATV????
Thanks..........Caper................

Old 03-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i mi self would use some blocks im thinking about going and getting a jack form sears (craftsman) and useing that to get it up enought so if i need to do any thing.....but id buy it mi self it the ram in the jack isnt warn out and will holds fluid

Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i always use my floor jack and some blocking or a cement block to take up the space. if you have a good floor jack, thats all you really need.

I know this has nothin' to do with Polaris Forum........But the guys on here are full of great infomation and Polaris riders are the smartest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Correct me if I am wrong!!!!...Caper.......

Old 03-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

Jeeze Caper you almost gave me a heart attack!!!! I thought you were talking about putting a lift kit in your bike!!!! I'm sure it'll be a cold day in he!! before that happens LOL But it would of course bring your floorboards a little higher so you can go where I go LOL

As for your question, I'm sure you could block the lift to give you more than 4" of lift. Just be sure to make sure it's secure! I wouldn't want to see anyone get hurt!!!

Old 03-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

i use a regular floor jack and jack stands ,i have a lift kit and hl springs so i dont like the a-arms all the way extended( full drop) just my narrow minded opinion....lol.......

Old 03-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by: SCRAMMYTODD
Jeeze Caper you almost gave me a heart attack!!!! I thought you were talking about putting a lift kit in your bike!!!! I'm sure it'll be a cold day in he!! before that happens LOL But it would of course bring your floorboards a little higher so you can go where I go LOL

As for your question, I'm sure you could block the lift to give you more than 4" of lift. Just be sure to make sure it's secure! I wouldn't want to see anyone get hurt!!!
yea scammy. i thought he was talking about a lift kit myself. almost fell off my chair. lol.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2007, 08:58 PM

Did you Scrammy see the one I am talking about...It is in the Crappy Tire Ad .....It is on sale every four or five weeks I think!!!!!!!!........It looks pretty handy though....If they work!!!!..Caper.....

Old 03-20-2007, 09:00 PM

Sorry guys didn't mean to give you all an increase in your HEART RATE!!!!!!!!!..LOL...LOL....Caper.....

Old 03-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

We've got a Craftsman one......its pretty nice. I really like it, its easy to move quads around in the shop, and makes the quad a lot higher so you can work on it(while sitting on a small chair on wheels). The craftsman also has a mechanism on it, that allows you to take the pressure off the jack, and still hold the quad up in the air.

Quick Reply: ATV lift!!! Question?