Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

not your normal morning!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default not your normal morning!!!!

Well This morning guys was like no other I ever had in my life so far.........
My house got struck by lightin' no actual outside damage though,besides a strip of bark that was about 3 inches wide and 48 inches long.

Yes the quads are safe(LOL) But lost two T.V.'s DVD player, Cable amp box, telephone,cable t.v, door-bell stuck on!(needed to unhook the wire from it). and 12 volt propane furnace in my new 26 foot Duchman travel trailer not working.

That's the list so far!!!!!!

But I guess I was lucky...There was one guy killed and another hurt in Parry Sound Ontario, The were on a school roof fixing a leak when they were struck.......Who would thing of this in Canada in March with snow still on the ground!!!!!!!! The world is changing and FAST!!!!!!!!!...Thanks guys I just needed to post this...Caper......

Old 03-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were all glad your safe caper. Yea the world is changing fast. Is global warming as hot a topic up there as it is down here right now? Oh wait, president Bush wants us to call it global climate change. Its more politically correct, and puts more emphasis on earths natural proceses vs. human impacts. Luckily he's in the oil buisness so we know he cares.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

**** BUSH!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 12:52 AM
Trailblazer

yea this world is going for the $hits what used to be 4 months of sledding is now atvs and sleds in the same trail, sometimes by noon u have no choice but to ride the quad cause either the snow is melted or its too warm for the sleds to run. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] luckly i have my fleet of sportsmans to occupy my time till armagedon lol.

as for bush well........elections comming soon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2007, 06:47 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hey caper buddy, man thats not good luck at all. im glad the house didint catch fire. most of my elec. have surge protectors. dont know how good they are and dont want to find out either.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Pro Rider

hey Caper - really glad you are ok.

and yeh !#%$ BUSH

Old 03-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Hope everything gets straightened out for you Caper. What's missing on houses and trailers used for houses is a simple lightning rod that is connected to a wire leading into the ground. Even modern houses have a ground (or should have) where your copper pipes are connected mechanically to a thick wire and it, in turn, is connected to a pipe driven into the ground. It would conduct the strike into the ground and cause a lot less damage to the house that got hit. On the global warming front: people are basing all the hype on a 1.2 degree rise in temparature over 100 years. I'm not willing to tank the economy of major nations on what is basically a weather cycle. In recorded time Greenland was farmable. Now it is a country that spends most of it's time locked in ice. There are parts of the world where ice is breaking up and other parts where it is forming contrary to previous years. Two woman who were on an expedition to the North Pole to show the effects of "global warming". They were turned back because the temperature unexpectadly dropped to -100 degrees. In their tent it was -58! One of the woman lost three toes to frostbite. The climate has always, and will always change. The hobby we save may be our own. How long will it be until gas engines in "non-necessary" vehicles will be outlawed for emitting "green house gases". If we want to say weird weather is happening, I can give examples of recent numbers that can "prove" both sides arguments. In 2 of the last 12 years in Massachusetts we received back to back record snowfalls. I believe winters of 95-96 and 97-98. We also have had years with snow droughts that had record cold. That was in the last 4 years. I don't buy into it. The people who are spouting on and on about it are some of the worst offenders. Al Gore flies around in a private jet and rapes his own property with a Zinc mine??? I'm not bashing all. There are sincere people on both sides. We should pollute as little as possible, but not at the expense of bankrupting a country that is already in debt up to its eyeballs. Well, I could go on for much longer than this... It is one of my trigger subjects. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Hope everything is going better for you this morning Caper. Glad to hear no one was hurt at your house.

I can't wait for the next elections. The liberal dems are gonna have this planet so cold, all the money I have invested in propane and heating oil is really gonna pay off.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

One last comment before I am off to be more constructive. If "global warming" is caused by gases emitted by man made machines, why didn't we enter a massive warming trend during the industrial age of 1870-1950? Before modern times there were no standards to keep pollution down. We produced, worldwide, far greater amounts of "greenhouse" gases than we do now. How come we didn't heat up and melt the ice caps then???

Old 03-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

I'm with ya on this Moose. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The reality is, it's not caused by republicans and it's not gonna be fixed by democrats. It corporate. Not just U.S. companies, but worldwide. It's all about the benjamins, or rupees or dinir or whatever they're spending.

You really want to fix "global warming" find a way for a company to make millions on it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: not your normal morning!!!!