Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

X2 Deluxe has exceeded high expectations

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X2 Deluxe has exceeded high expectations

Several years ago, I decided I wanted a Sportsman 500. Then I heard about EFI and decided to wait. Then I heard about the upcoming X2. Then I heard about the 4 wheel engine braking system and waited some more.

Several weeks ago, I finally bought a 2007 X2 500 Deluxe with the ADC and, boys, it was WELL worth the wait. The ADC is unbelievable. Going down a steep hill of loose shale with no brakes it will stop dead unless you keep giving it some gas. I'm also quite pleased with both the acceleration as well as the fuel consumption. The dump bed is really handy around the place and will hold a lot of firewood, too.

To say that I am pleased with it is an understatement. There is an issue with the fuel gauge, but no big deal, warranty will cover it. This is an extremely well engineered piece of equipment that I highly recommend if you're looking for a machine that can do it all. I bought it from Boat World in Harrison, Arkansas and got a great deal. Additionally, they are very knowledgeable about their product line compared to other dealers I shopped.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

Glad you are satisfied, Feels good when you wait so long and then you get everything you wanted plus more than you expected! My buddy just traded in his X2 500 for the X2 800, he hasn't really riden it yet, but he loves the big bore twin EFI!

Old 03-30-2007, 08:00 AM
Range Rover

GP, Ain't these things the cat's a$$? I picked mine up last week. I got the stone beige limited edition. I agree with you that it appears to be extremely well-engineered. Built like a truck. Power is ok, just delivered differently than the 700 I just sold. I've only been able to put a few hours on it, but so far I also have to agree that it's even better than I'd hoped it would be. Even though it's only 10" longer than the other Sportsmans, to me it has a completely different feel. This is my 3rd Sportsman, 4th Polaris, and 6th atv. I loved the stability of of my previous Sportsmans, but this thing is a rock. The extra length makes for improved ride, traction, and inspires confidence when going up or down steep hills. I've already put a set of 26" XTRs on it. I had Bighorns on my 700. Cruising sitting back against the backrest, the steering on the X2 is effortless. I had to test it out in some really nasty muddy terrain, and I was surprised with how easy it went through (and over) everything. I did get it stuck, but I was trying to. Being the color that it is, and with the nice shiny aluminum wheels, it looked like and Escalade sticking out of the swamp. I can't wait to get out with all my friends who have Sportsmans to see how it compares side by side. I also tested out the ADC on the steepest hill I could find out behind my house. Don't know the degree, but it would be difficult to walk up. That gadget is amazing. I stopped in the middle of the hill, and it was like a separate little motor came on and gently powered the thing down the hill. So cool. This weekend I have to take it out with my wife on the back and see how it does 2-up. Hopefully all the fancy gear on this thing stands the test of time.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Range Rover

SS, do you have the XTRs all around or just on the back? Did you put them on the stock wheels? The reason I ask is that the dealer told me the XTRs would rub on the struts on the front due to the increased width (9" as compared to 8" as I recall) and that offset after market wheels would be necessary for the front.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Range Rover

Yup, I put the XTRs on the stock aluminum wheels. I was worried that they'd be too wide too, but they just made it. Actually, it's not the strut housing you have to worry about. I'd say they cleared that by about 3/8", but they were less than 1/8" from the tie rod end, so I spaced them out about 3/16" with some stainless washers. Still left plenty of thread length on the studs. Those tires are cool man. Killers in the mud and surprisingly smooth ride on the trail. Almost wish I'd gone with the 27s, but thought maybe they'd be a little too much for the 500..

Old 03-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Range Rover

SS, according to the Polaris specs, the front wheels are 25x8-12 and the rear are 25x11-10. Exactly what size XTRs did you put on them? Thanks.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Range Rover

The 10" rear wheel size stated on the spec page of the website is yet another Polaris type-O. You have 12" wheels front and rear. The 26" XTRs are 26/9/12 front, 26/11/12 rear.

Trending Topics

Old 03-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

P.S.27s are just fine on a 500

Old 03-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

SCRAMMYTODD
What's the deal with the upside down radiator guard? I was thinking about getting one but not quite sure.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you post a link ..Buddy..I would like to see this !!!!.........Caper......

Quick Reply: X2 Deluxe has exceeded high expectations