Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Stock Air filters..Dealer only???

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock Air filters..Dealer only???

Is the Dealer the only place that sells paper filters for the sportsman quads(mine 06/450).........I called the dealer today (Canada) and got a price of $23.99 for air filter and $12.99 for the pre-filter....That's $36.98 plus tax X 2 for me.....Total=$85.05.......
I was just sneding this post to see if there is a paper.FRAM,NAPA,or other that will fit!!!!!
I don't mind paying the $12.99 for the pre-filter.....Nobody will carry them ..but the dealer.....RIGHT??
.................Caper...............THANKS-----------

Old 04-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

is your filter junk? did you get it dirty w/ mud or water? i just use air and blow mine out and re wash the foam prefilter and reuse. i think i pais around $16.00 for my 800 filter.

Old 04-14-2007, 05:46 PM

Originally posted by: stendori
is your filter junk? did you get it dirty w/ mud or water? i just use air and blow mine out and re wash the foam prefilter and reuse. i think i pais around $16.00 for my 800 filter.

WEll with about 1000 and 850 miles on the 450's I think it is time for a new one the paper filter don't last forever....I do blow them out .....and reuse ....my pre-filter is not foam though?????
It is like a mesh meterial with the elastic bands on each end!!!! This I wash with warm water and dish soap!!!!!...........Caper.........Does anybody have a Napa part #.
My local store here is trying to look up the info for me....I left the info with them!!!!
Polaris don't make there own air filters.......Who makes them for Polaris???????????????????????????
Thanks..................Caper,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,

Old 04-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

yea caper thats what my prefilter is to foam is a bad choice of words. can you ever forgive me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] lol. i just back form one of my friends house to fix his new lawn mower and he works in a auto parts store and said they dont offer a filter for the atv's except for k&n. as long as its not broke down il kep using mine.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:53 PM

Paper filters need to be replaced!!!!!!! no question about it!!!!

So Stendori,,,You are not going to replace it until it's broke down!!
That don't make any since to me.You need to wait until the engine gets no air or very little to replace it?
Paper filters do the job.....CATCH DIRT AND DUST ...So how long do you expect them to last?
Thanks........Caper...........

Old 04-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

ive actually rode w/ some 2 strokes that actually shut down the bike because it lost all air flow form being choked off being full of dust. pulled it apart cleaned the air filter by bangiong most of the loose dirt off and restarted and kept going. point of it is that the filter did its job really well and is still running to this day. if i run my filters longer then most its because i clean them often and keep an eye on the materail to make sure its still doing a good job. the outer mesh cover does a real good job of keeping alot of the crap out. of course as always this is only my opinion and what i do. not for everyone.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

STOCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! What is that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Old 04-14-2007, 09:59 PM

Hey Scrammy.....When are you going to start touring with the monster trucks!!!!!!!
...........LOL...LOL.................Caper.......

Old 04-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Caper I'm with you. Got to replace those paper filters once and awhile. I too clean them oftem, but I've seen the paper one get so pluged up and black on my 500 that it started to run like crap. Replaced with a new one and back to normal. Good topic, I hope it produces relults for you. We'd all like to find a cheaper replacement filter for our polaris'.

P.S. Mine went bad at 900 miles on my 2004.5 sp 500 H.O.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

my wife owns a filter company and she wont make me any! somthing about tooling and set up costs for just a few filers a year.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Stock Air filters..Dealer only???