Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

X2 front rack installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X2 front rack installation

Hi, i ordered a front rack extender for my 800 x2 and i only got 2 screws with it.
But the rack extender has 4 holes to put the screws in.
1) is it suppose to come with 4 screws.
2) dumb question but how do you install it i didn't get a manual with it.
Thanks

Old 04-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if its like mine(not too sure) i thought it suppose to have 6 screws/bolts. on mine there is one screw for each side that bolts from the bottom up and the other side has 2 screw holes for each side to screw down. at least i think it does w/out looking.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Take a look at my pictures. Is it the same rack? Four bolts on the top and four bolts through the plastic cover. I had to drill the holes in the cover per the directions. If you set it on the cover you should see where the holes need to be drilled. I think there was a boss or something on the underside where the hole wants to be. Let us know.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

yeh if its like his - drill UP thru the front cover - there are bosses to direct the drill bit - should be 4 bolts to go thru the drilled spots

Old 04-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: jampg
Take a look at my pictures. Is it the same rack? Four bolts on the top and four bolts through the plastic cover. I had to drill the holes in the cover per the directions. If you set it on the cover you should see where the holes need to be drilled. I think there was a boss or something on the underside where the hole wants to be. Let us know.
Hey JAMPG,

My new sportsman 800efi X2 DLX is set up the same as yours with the rack extension and the front bumper. I also just added 27" ITP mudlite XTR's. This is an awesome machine and the most versital. How do you like yours and how long have you had it? I just got mine less than two weeks ago, but already have 46 miles...LOL...in one day. Also, what do you have on the passengers hand rails? They look like some type of cover.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey jampg no its not like yours, mine isn't the bodyguard one. i think i got it.
But did you drill any holes?
thanks

Old 04-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 700vtwinman
Originally posted by: jampg
Hey JAMPG,

My new sportsman 800efi X2 DLX is set up the same as yours with the rack extension and the front bumper. I also just added 27" ITP mudlite XTR's. This is an awesome machine and the most versital. How do you like yours and how long have you had it? I just got mine less than two weeks ago, but already have 46 miles...LOL...in one day. Also, what do you have on the passengers hand rails? They look like some type of cover.
Vtwinman,
I love the 800 X2. If I could change something it would be the passenger seat comfort. It should be as comfortable as the front seat. The X2 also needs a rear bumper.
The rear passenger hand grips have the Polaris Gauntlets to keep your hands warm in the winter. They are held on with velcro so in the summer you just peel them off.
Do you have some pictures for us?

Old 04-26-2007, 07:07 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 800lover
hey jampg no its not like yours, mine isn't the bodyguard one. i think i got it.
But did you drill any holes?
thanks
800lover,
Yes, I did drill four holes. It was a piece of cake. There is a boss on the backside to guide you.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks jampg, It worked i installed it last night but still need 2 screws.
Thanks

Old 04-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

800lover, I have the front rack extension on my X2. 2 of the bolts I needed (4 altogether, 2 came with the rack) were the screws that hold down the metal strip that you use to tie down items on the front rack. Two of the posts on the rack extension sit right on top of the metal tie down strip.

Quick Reply: X2 front rack installation