Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

trail washer pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default trail washer pump

just got done finishing my trail pump set up. it works cool as hell and i only have like $75.00 in the hole thing. now already for the big mud holes to wash the raditors out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you post any pics.......I working on one right now also.........I using a 12 volt rubber impeller with brushes (SMALL) I just getting a price from work to order the pump.........What type of pump did you use??...Caper.......

Old 05-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya lets see some pics and part numbers LOL I'm pretty cheap these days, and I know on long weekends camping, I'm gonna want to wash my rad out from time to time. We do a LOT of mudding in 4 days and I know the rad will get plugged at some point. LOL

Old 05-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

better let me patten it first so i can charge you guys lol. its already in my pics. just look at it. its a shurflo pump.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Ste -

I am assuming you will just
put the one end of the hose in
some natural pool of water (puddle,
pond, river, lake etc.) on the trail?

Yea, we want some simple instructions
too, if willing to share, what was quadavator's
like $150 smackeroos?

Regards,

R'

Old 05-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

plus 10.00 to ship it. i bought the pump on ebay. you have to start there. the rest is basic plumbing and an air nozzle. i think i have 15.00 in parts(already had the air nozzle) and i paid maybe 60.00 for the pump. the key is getting the right pump.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer

I like that idea. I checked out you pics of your strut. I think I see a 1.5 inch rigid coupling installed on the bottom to give you more pre load. Did you use the rachet strap as a spring compressor. I got a pair of lighter springs for my scrambler. I was looking for a way to compress the spring with out dissassembling the whloe strut and axle assembly. Any info on my new spring installation would be helpful.

Thanks russ

Old 05-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

russ, you nailed it right on the head. its pvc 1 1/2" cupling w/ pieces of pipe inside top give it added strenght and so the spring would fall into the hole. yes i used rachet straps to comprees the springs as well as brute force. just take top nut off and loosen the 2 bolts that hold the strut in place on the bottom and it pretty much slides out.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Trailblazer

There's this cool little 12v vortex pump I found on ebay for 35 bucks from these guys - http://www.go2waterguys.com/. Anyone try one of these? Looks like you can throw it right into a nasty pond and it will pump 35 psi. Perfect to clean out Rad. Just need to add one of those flat garden hoses and a nozzle. Looks small enough to fit in a little storage box too.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am ordering a 12 volt "pony pump" this has the rubber impeller and can be changed if needed.......This one I need to put the 12 volt plug-in on the end and add one hose for the pick-up (with screen) and the other for the pressure outlet.......My only question now is when I get it .........I need to play with the end nozzle to get the right pressure I need .......Stendori........What size hole opening do you have to pressure the water out!!!!..........Thanks.........Caper........

Quick Reply: trail washer pump