Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hawkeye... Holes in Airbox (don't want to)?!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts
Default Hawkeye... Holes in Airbox (don't want to)?!!

There was another post on here where the dealer drilled the holes. The carb is not jetted properly. That's the bottom line. I really find it hard to believe Polaris would authorize such a repair. But anything is possible I guess.

The numbers are stamped on the jets. Get a magnifying glass to read them. They are small numbers, and tilting to get the light to hit them just right helps.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is something definitly wrong with this picture,why should you have to rejet your bike, Polaris should stand behind there product and do what is right.Ive been reading alot of complaints about there service work, when is the polaris company going to get involved to save there name and reputation? Seems to me like they dont care, I wouldnt touch a new bike, something goes wrong, say bye bye to your warranty and that right there is not worth voiding the warranty, just my input.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

I HAVE OWNED 3 POLARIS QUADS AND PAID CASH FOR ALL 3 AT THE DEALER... i will never own a another pyle of polaris again!!!..customer service is worse than the dealer if at all possible.. never and i mean NEVER AGAIN!!!... GARBAGE!!!! go buy a new car and see if they will drill holes in the air box to make it run right... just a 2cent fix that does nothing more than **** the consumer off... i have wrote polaris off for the last time..............

Old 05-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

theres a happy customer lol

Old 05-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

My Polaris 800 is the most reliable machine ever...just gotta make the right modifications (see sig).

Old 05-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Rickeyparker
Powerslider after you did that work did it pull like it should or does fall flat on mid range and top end, Mine runs real good when cold, but then after it gets hot it runs flat on top like it isnt revving out like it should I notice it yesterday not pulling thru the range, Ican feel it pulling low and mid range but then it quits pulling.
Mine ran good all around after the mods, you sound rich on the main yet. That is how my 06 ran, got real sluggish on warm days but ran much better in cooler temps. What are your settings now?

Old 05-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Range Rover

If it's running rich at all throttle positions, try checking the float level. If the fuel level is too high, it will run exactly as you described. Bend that little tab that the needle sits on "up" (towards top of carb) just a tiny bit, if needed. Measure from the base of the carb to the highest point on the float (when tab is just touching needle), then re-measure after you bend the tab to keep track of your progress.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Low throttle runs great with that 42 idle jet, the needle is set on the third clip from top and the main is the 147 i had a feeling it wasnt just clutching giving me that flat feeling on top, i havent changed that main jet , all i did was mess with the needle clip settings. and drill a couple of holes in the airbox. Thanks Powerslider

Old 05-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

Try the 142.5 or even the 140 if you ride in hot temps (80+) That worked out good for me. It'll pull much better.....

Old 05-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Trailblazer

I just bought 2 07 Hawkeyes one green and one black, I love these atvs! anyway I took a look at my airbox last night and it came with 6 holes in them all pluged tight. Then I read the manual and the 07 book has a section about pulling plugs for diff altitudes (sp) this must have been their backup fix becouse both on mine run great havent had a prob with needing jetted.

Quick Reply: Hawkeye... Holes in Airbox (don't want to)?!!