Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

considering trailblazer.please help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2000, 09:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am 14 years old and i live in the ocala national forest in florida,where there is hundreds of miles of trails to ride on. right now i have a trx125 and it is fun but i am considering the tblazer or the recon....i like the way that the polaris has a more easy ride but i do mostly trail riding and i want something that is smooth and very comfortable and able to do a little bit of sporty riding.

Old 12-25-2000, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

i would get the recon.i live in altoona also and recon are easier maitnence and got good power.I havnt rode a t.b. so i dont know everything.

1984 trx 200

Old 12-25-2000, 10:15 PM
Range Rover

I've had a TB for about a year and love it. Rides great and very low maintenance. Good bang for the buck, especially if you want a well rounded sport/trail machine. It's not an MX bike - or a mud hog.... just a little of everything in between. Go take it for a ride at a dealer.

Old 12-25-2000, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer

I Own A 99 Trailblazer And I Love It. Its easy To Ride,Real Comfortable On Long Trail Rides And It Has Enough Power For Some Sport Ridding as well. Also If You Want To Its Pretty Easy To Make Even More Power With A Clutch Kit And Pipe. I Think For The Money You Cant Beat IT!! 99 TB K&N Filter And Clutch Kit (Pipe Coming Soon)

Old 12-26-2000, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

The T-Blazer has many perks over the Recon.It will out climb it, pretty sure outmud it, and outrun it, has a better ride, not as prone to flipping while making sharp turns, more hop up potential(i.e. Pipie clutch, ect), is cheaper.So if I was you I would go with T-Balzer, like I did=)

Old 12-26-2000, 07:47 PM
Range Rover

Man guys, i wish i felt that good about my Trail Blazer. My opinion on my trail blazer is that it sucks; about a month ago I had to $734 dollars worth of transmission problems fixed. I'm constantly fixing it, working on it, and putting money into it. Just to keep it running. Im very agressive with it when riding it though. I put over 200 dollars in break work in it about 3 months ago. then about a week ago my rear breaks went out again. Right now I need to get a rear sprocket for it cause it's missing 3 teeth in it. I will say more about it later when i start remembering all the stuff I put into it.
Next, I can tell you about the Recon. My friend Jason (01blaster in these forums) has a Recon. When my trail blazer is broken, I ride his Recon. That is one very fun machine. It hardly ever breaks on him and is just a blast to ride. Its even lighter than my trail blazer, so when its in the air it flys straight and true. Ok guys, thats all i got right now. Later, Kenny

Old 12-26-2000, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a lack of preventative maintenance.

Old 12-26-2000, 10:09 PM
Trailblazer

I have had my 00' trail blazer since about june, and i love it, this kid up the street has a 01' recon and i smoked it, mine jumps better, and for some reason does just as good on the trails as his, the thing is i can't go some places he can because mine is so much bigger than his recon so i can fit inbetween trees like he can, but i would recomend the trail blazer.

Old 12-26-2000, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

All I can say about my 95 TB is it dosen't own me anything it has been a great quad. An I use it for MX racing so It is being riden really hard an it is working great for me been racing it for 3 years an the motor is still the stock piston in it. So they are both good quads it is a matter of what you would like more a 2 strke or 4 stroke

Old 12-26-2000, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

I have owned my '00 T'Blazer since Nov of 1999. I have had only one problem with it. I bent an a-arm and crushed the bushing along with it. Of course landing on a huge rock after doing a wheelie will do that to you.
Other then that, with proper maintanence, I have not had any problems. I would buy another if I had to do it again.

Quick Reply: considering trailblazer.please help.