Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Moose Racing jet kit for the Hawkeye

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moose Racing jet kit for the Hawkeye

Anyone installed one of Moose Racing's jet kits in their Hawkeye? Curious as to what the results were. I should get my kit Monday.

Also, can the carb be taken off the intake, and turned over without removing the rear fender/bodywork?

Old 06-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

I put a Dynojet kit in my 2006 Hawkeye, which I think is the same thing. It works very well and is well worth the money. I didn't have to screw around with holes in the air box or any of that. Better throttle response and really clean running. Easy starting hot or cold. You will get a wide choice of main jets with the kit and what you use depends on where you ride. I ride in rain forest at 2,500 feet. High humidity and warm. I used the 137 main. I did spark plug readings under load at various throttle positions and it was consistantly tan throughout.

I had to take the rear bodywork off of mine. That's the biggest part of the job but it's necessary.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Appreciate the response. I've already removed the rear bodywork, and am expecting UPS to deliver the kit Monday. The altitude here in Indianapolis is about 800 feet. I read on another post someone used a 142, or 142.5 main jet. I have no intention of removing any airbox plugs, that seems to me to be a cheap fix.

I suppose I will snap the seat back on and ride it to be sure of the jetting before I put the rear bodywork back on.

BTW, have you drilled the slide in your Hawkeye? I did that, and it made a big difference in throttle response. The things runs good now, what exactly can I expect to see in preformance gains over the stock setup? Any real gain in horsepower/torque?

Old 06-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

No, I haven't drilled the slide. I'm happy with the throttle response I am getting out of the jetting kit. I also installed a K & N air filter and Polaris' auxillery oil cooler when I did the jetting kit so I don't know which is doing what. My guess is that the air filter and jetting kit are giving a little more power and the oil cooler is maintaining the gain by keeping the engine from running hot.