Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Good Stories

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007 | 12:48 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default Good Stories

Come on Guys, we need some positive tales on this forum, In the past I looked forward to checking out the forum but lately it,s only been tales of breakdowns and trouble, I'm almost to the point of not starting my ATV for fear I'm going to have troubles. Come on surely somebody can top the "chicken tale" or tell how dependable their Polaris is......

Old 07-10-2007 | 01:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default Good Stories

Facts are facts my friend. Polaris used to be top dog, a sad tale but someplace, design, quality control, quality of components - I don't know but they fell asleep while the industry moved on. Sort of like they fell asleep and were sure that it was a dream only to awake to find that others had rose to the challenge, and it has been catch-up ever since. But the industry saw what happened to them and are striving not to have it happen and surely are not going to fall asleep, or to even settle into a comfort zone. Don't feel too bad Can-Am is worse. So many bent frames from their ski concept. Too bad a company couldn't take the best from all and build a great bike - patents I guess.

Old 07-10-2007 | 12:34 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Default Good Stories

Bigpappa, your wish is my command. My son and I have been riding together for about 3 years now. There aren't many hobbies that a 44 year old dad with a bad back and knees can share with his 15 year old son and still come out being "cool" with his kid. We've ridden up rocky trails that left us wondering how we got up them when we got to the top. The Polaris AWD system pulled us up 45 degree inclines and over granite rocks that others had left paint on. There has not been a hill we could not climb yet! We've also gone through ruts that were 3 feet deep and 4 feet wide using the tried and true, straddle the ditch method. Each time we are able to conquer a new challenge we come away with a greater appreciation for what a well built 4x4 utility quad can do. On another trip, where we were in a group of 6 quads, we went through headlight deep water/mudholes. Everyone got soaked but all had smiles. It's always funny to see who would be the one to test out the depth of the hole. The two 2wd quads would have to take the bypass routes, but we could plunge right in. Note: at this point we had already pulled them out a few times. We've had days where we've put on 60 miles, others only 30. Each time we come away impressed that we have a truly great machine. I have NEVER gotten my quad stuck out trailriding. (yet) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] We also use the machines to haul out firewood to take home. The pickup beds on the quads can fill my truck bed in about 3 trips each. It sure beats using a wheelbarrow! When it is time to fill the woodrack on my deck the quads can get out to the woodpiles and back through the snow to keep us warm all winter. Am I saying that other quads don't have similar abilities? Nope. There are many that can do what our Polaris' do. But for us, they are what meets our needs and more.

Old 07-10-2007 | 01:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Good Stories

I try to go riding about once a month (not enough). Went last weekend and am going this weekend, hopefully to a new area. Don't know how am pulling that off with 3 kids. Take my 7 yr old boy about every other time. He loves it. Girls are still a little young but have riden some and one loves it, other not sure yet, but again young. One buddy I ride with is usually calling on Tuesday about our next trip, even though we just got back that Sunday. He has 8 yr old boy who also rides. Right now I can't think of anything more fun than camping and riding. Good clean fun. We ride at Chadwick, Mo quite a bit. Don't camp at park but across hwy in Nat'l Forest. Better for kids, trails not that difficult. Did get my boy over to park for one trail last trip for his first time. He liked it and did great. Took good lines. He's had a few run ins with ruts. Love the Sportsman, all 3. They have done everything asked and meet my expectations and then some.

Old 07-10-2007 | 01:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Good Stories

Polaris awd rocks, btwn that and the irs you've got to be up to ur neck to get stuck. every one i ride with has a honda (not bashing hondas) and I've gone places they wouldn't even try on my 06 450 sportsman, and at the end of the ride i'm not trashed like they are.

Old 07-10-2007 | 01:36 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default Good Stories

My inspiration is my dads 97 SP500 with 7000 miles and still going strong. It seem some of polaris changes are for the worst though. People complain about the newer locking front differentials front drive system(pastic cage thing) but the older hub locking style worked fine. They have melting plastic complaints that once never existed. Now I have seen post about people putting holes or breaking there newer plastic oil tanks while trail riding, the older aluminum alloy oil tanks never had a mention of failures.

Alway change for the better on the nexts years models, not change just for the sake of changing.

Old 07-10-2007 | 05:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default Good Stories

polaris is #1 fine so they have had some prob's in the last few year's but they r still good. my mom & dad both have a 1994 300 4x4 and they have only had to get a new spark plug and my sis has a trail blazer 250 and i have a trail boss 250(beter then the blazer) and they r great if i get a new 4W'R it will be a polaris they win hand's down. POLARIS THE WAY OUT.

Old 07-10-2007 | 06:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Good Stories

yo buckaroo50 why dont you take your happy @zz back to the kitty cat forums and stop trolling in mine we all have opinions and i dont like arctic cat there at the very bottom of the list for me thats why i dont spend any time on there boards.
i guess im just not a troll as far as good stuff i have an 05 500 that has 1200 trouble free miles on it i also have an 06 hawkeye with no probs then there is my sawtooth
and my 50 pred nothing has gone wrong with any of them. in the past i had an 03
trailblazer "hence the name" and a 97 400 sport the only thing that has gone wrong with any of my 6 polaris's is that the seal went between the counter balance oil and the coolant it was kind of a you no what to fix but it dident go till 2004 so that wasent
to bad i guess. if i was more into typing i would go on and on about all the fun trips i have had nearly all of them on what this clown wants to call junk.

Old 07-10-2007 | 09:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Good Stories

Mine are too new to boast about how reliable they are. I have of course had no trouble. I did run into a guy the other day who was riding a regular Yamaha bike. He watched me unload off my trailer and asked me how I liked my Sportsman. Told him I loved it. He said he loved Polaris. That he has a 95 Polaris (forget the model but it was a two stroke) and that in the twelve years he has been riding it that it has never had a problem ever. I have pulled well over 1000 lbs with mine. I have graded my road with it. It has been abused ten ways to Sunday and doesn't wince at all no matter what I throw at it. I can ride it for 8 hours and still be comfortable. I had a 2000 trailboss that I sold to a friend. They have never had a problem with it either. With the 07 700 I am on my fourth Polaris. And I would still buy another.

In regards to the industry, the industry saw what Polaris did and wanted to duplicate it. Polaris is still one of the top selling brands out there. Much more than AC.

Old 07-10-2007 | 09:58 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default Good Stories

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Jayblazer

yo buckaroo50 why dont you take your happy @zz back to the kitty cat forums and stop trolling in mine we all have opinions and i dont like arctic cat there at the very bottom of the list for me thats why i dont spend any time on there boards.

i guess im just not a troll as far as good stuff i have an 05 500 that has 1200 trouble free miles on it i also have an 06 hawkeye with no probs then there is my sawtooth

and my 50 pred nothing has gone wrong with any of them. in the past i had an 03

trailblazer "hence the name" and a 97 400 sport the only thing that has gone wrong with any of my 6 polaris's is that the seal went between the counter balance oil and the coolant it was kind of a you no what to fix but it dident go till 2004 so that wasent

to bad i guess. if i was more into typing i would go on and on about all the fun trips i have had nearly all of them on what this clown wants to call junk.</end quote></div>

thank you!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Good Stories