Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Buddy Bearings

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007 | 08:54 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Buddy Bearings

Hey, what is the recommended milage between buddy bearing greasing?

Old 08-15-2007 | 10:04 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Default Buddy Bearings

Are you talking about your trailer wheels????................Caper.........

Old 08-15-2007 | 10:07 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Buddy Bearings

Oops, yes I am. Aluma 4 place twin axle trialer. Thanks for the reminder.

Old 08-15-2007 | 10:11 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default Buddy Bearings

alot depends on where the trailer is use such in the water or rain alot. i used to grease mine every 200 miles or so if i remebered it lol.

Old 08-15-2007 | 10:14 PM
Default Buddy Bearings

Well they should be spring loaded under some pressure..................Be carefull not to put too much grease in them .....as they will blow out your rear hub seal..............I learned from that......LOl...LOL..

Can you see the spring in yours .....This will tell you how much more movement you have before it will bottoms out. You don't really need that much anyway........Just some spring pressure is lots to keep pressure on the bearings........once the spring starts moving is enough for me!!!..........Caper.......

Old 08-15-2007 | 10:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Buddy Bearings

Personally, I've never been a fan of bearing buddies. Either too much grease and you pop the seal out like Caper said, or not enough grease and the inner bearing doesn't get lubed properly. All I do is one time a year pull the bearings right out, clean the bearings and hubs and put new seals in. Just my oppinion and I'm sure someone who works for bearing buddie will get on here and tell me they are the best thing since sliced bread LOL But just my .02

Old 08-15-2007 | 11:22 PM
Default Buddy Bearings

Just for the record...........My new 101" wide trailer I have .........Don't have them!!!
Don't plan I getting them..........I would rather just keep a check on them myself instead of having the false since of security...With them on!!!!..........Caper.......

Old 08-15-2007 | 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Buddy Bearings

Very true Caper. A bud of mine gave his a shot of grease every month or so but never actually checked for play and the next thing he knew the inner bearing siezed and tore the axle out of it. Keep that in mind boys and girls.

Old 08-16-2007 | 09:45 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Buddy Bearings

That's alot of conflicting information. The atv dealer told me to do it once every 400 to 600 miles. That seemed to often to do it and now from what you guys are saying, it doesn't seem like enough. I run the trailer from my house up to Hurley Wisconsin which is 390 miles. I guess I will do it at the beginning of each trip.

Old 08-16-2007 | 10:25 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Default Buddy Bearings

I had considered getting a set for out trailer. But decided it would make me lazy and not check them. (it would) So I figure the time it takes to actually see how they're doing was better in the long run anyway. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Now, if I could just quit getting flat tires. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Buddy Bearings