Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

front end weight

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default front end weight

well here it is. i completely put my 800 back to stock today except for the clutch spring(to lazy after 5 hrs of work) and w/ my stock tires back on it i went to take it back down to the other garage and hit the throttle and almost went over back wards on the hot top. i mean it was straight up looking in the sky. wow i said and tried it again to make sure it wasnt a fluke. so for the heck of it i weighed my winch, and my brush guard and total together was 48 lbs of extra weight on the front. now this was counting the 27" tires or the added weight of the junk i had in the front and back storage, which was full< so you can add another 10 to 15 .lbs for the junk and who knows for the tires. the point is, the bike is a night and day differnce in the raw take off power. so im loosing alot just from the added weight. oh and the front rack ios suppose to only carry 100 .lbs so theres 60 .lbs right there before anything goes on the rack. something to think about.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default front end weight

You didn't bang your "HEAD" did you!!!!!........YOU SAID BACK TO STOCK?????.............WOW.........

You must be getting old like me.......(36)...LOL....LOL........Caper...........

Old 08-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front end weight

I wonder about that all the time. I have the winch, front brush guard, 27" mudlite xtr's, compartment rack extender on back with cooler on one side, large tire repair kit and sack of towing gear including ****** block and couplings in middle and a 5 gallon gas can with around 4 gallons of gas on the other side. The gas alone is 6.2 lbs per gallon. That coupled with my svelt 215 lb backside really adds up fast. I wonder what my machine would do without all that stuff on it and a 150 pounder in the saddle. It would probably need a wheelie bar.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default front end weight

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka

You didn't bang your "HEAD" did you!!!!!........YOU SAID BACK TO STOCK?????.............WOW.........

You must be getting old like me.......(36)...LOL....LOL........Caper........... </end quote></div>

nope not getting old,(40) just getting new some time in the future. lol.keeping all my extras for the next one. and if i wasnt careful, i would've been wearing my bike on top of me.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default front end weight

Oh no!!!!!!!!......Did you tell the wife your ready to go shopping again!!!!........Or does she already know,because your putting the quad back the way it was??...........LOL.........

Shopping for new quads is just as fun as buying one!!!!!!!...Good luck!!!

A/C has the 1000 cc if your ready to change........LOL....Caper.......

Old 08-20-2007, 07:33 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default front end weight

she was helping me change since i put my stock tires from hers on and my 27" tires on her 450. nope no puddy kat in my future. lol

Old 08-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default front end weight

Are you gonna keep your bike stock from here on out? I don't know if I could do that. I haven't kept a toy stock ever and I agree with Caper. Shopping is almost as fun as buying.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:40 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default front end weight

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mud Hog

Are you gonna keep your bike stock from here on out? I don't know if I could do that. I haven't kept a toy stock ever and I agree with Caper. Shopping is almost as fun as buying.</end quote></div>

all the products that i had on my 06' are going on the 08' when i ever i buy one. no hurry though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default front end weight

my guess is the clutch spring you had in accomadated the larger tires - now they are gone and the ratio of power to the ground is now different so wheelie it is

Old 08-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default front end weight

That would be cool. I can wheelie my 800 with the XTR's if I am on hard pavement. I had my 7 year old daughter sitting in front of me and we were drag racing my son on his wolvy 450 out of Hurley. We did a wheel stand and I had to get out of the coals to bring her back down. We walked the wolvy.

Quick Reply: front end weight