Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

you got to laugh

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default you got to laugh

these out yet. anyone buy one yet, im thinking this must be a power house over the 300 and since the new one has the 450 engine and same carb. w/ a 117 lb lighter chaise there must be a big differnce. it would be easier for the wife to throw around then her 715 lb bike.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default you got to laugh

Hey Sten, haven't seen one yet, but agree this could be a great mid level quad for smaller folks. Kinda like putting a 350 in a Chevy Vega.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you got to laugh

Hey Sten, ya gonna trade? Hey man, she may
be smoking you, LOL

R'

Old 08-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default you got to laugh

not too sure about it yet. any of you guys either trade your 450 in or got a price on what there giving for the 450's as a trade value? wonder how much they would give for it w/ only 500 miles on it. the new sport. 400 retails for less mony then the 450 did so it shouldnt be too bad i hope. got to see if my dealer even has one.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default you got to laugh

I would be checking out the frame on them first............If I were looking to trade!!!!!.......Caper........

Old 08-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default you got to laugh

Frame?? what for defects? have you heard of any?

Old 08-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Default you got to laugh

When I talked to my dealer a few
months back and I have like only 200
miles on mine (shame to say) he said
without looking at it he will be starting
in the low 4000's. Again that was w/o looking
at it, which is worth alot more cuz of low
mileage and great condition. Bottom line
is he won't give me a great trade if he is
going to give me the best price.

I paid 5600k when I bought it a year ago.

Regards,

R'

Old 08-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default you got to laugh

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: stendori

Frame?? what for defects? have you heard of any?</end quote></div>

Well the Sportsman 400 for 2008 is in the Mid-Size frame correct?...................Well that would be the Hawkeye frame in my book.............I read alot of welds broken and A-arm trouble(In THE PAST)......

That's the only reason I said to be carefull, I myself really don't know about any frame up-grades...or changes.......Do You??

Also I (MYSELF)would keep the 450, Only two year production with this motor in a full size Sportsman frame!!!!!!

Sure the new 400 H.O. will be faster than my Sportsman 450 (lighter) but I still like the 450 with the Full-Size frame If I had to Choose???.......................Caper..........Hav e fun Shopping!!!!

Old 08-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default you got to laugh

I can see the Pros and Cons of both, the bigger full size frame of the discontinued
450 will probally be the strongest of the 2, The smaller Sportsman 400 will be the quickest and fastest of the two machines which means getting stuck less and able to climb and mud the best Plus it appeals to most people except for the Hard core. If i had to choose a good hunting machine it would be the new Sport 400 HO because of conveince ( I can put it and my hunting gear in the back of a Pickup, you cant do that with a Full size Sportsman 450)
This Sportsman 400 ho is designed to be Competitive in the sales market with the Grizzly 350-450, Honda 420,s and Kawasakis 360 and Suzukis, As far as the frame welds and A-arm Problems with the Old Hawkeye I really think its a problem of abuse (just my 2 Cents) I owe like 3800 Dollars on my 300 hawkeye and would trade it in if they would pay it off, yeah right. But Overall I think this Sportsman 400 HO will be the Atv of the Year and really other than it being based on the old hawkeye frame it will dominate the Midsize Atvs.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default you got to laugh

well i would trade up to the new 400 ho just because my 06' has been bad *** . i put 25" mudlite's deep lug on mine and it hangs with my friend 400 yamaha big bear no prob. it's been a great machine but i do admit it is just a little under powered. but never had a problem with that down here in the thick florida mud. I also have had it up to the handle bars in water and the only thing happened was that i had to drian the belt drive not! because it was slipping but that it was full. just a great 4 wheeler. ( hey rickey howe much belt tension should i have or check for when i have the belt housing off?)

Quick Reply: you got to laugh