Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Helmet Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet Suggestion

I realize I should probably post this topic in a different forum, but since I am a Polaris owner and really only check this forum I figured I would ask you all.

I am looking to buy 2 new helmets. ( 1 for me and 1 for the gf). I have been searching ebay and other online stores. Any suggestions on respectable yet reasonably price helmets ($50-$75)?

Thanks,

Forrest

Old 09-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bought a polaris scrambler helmet on ebay new 45 bucks to my door
keep an eye on ebay the come up all the time

Old 09-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Trailblazer

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.vegahelmet.com/nbx1.html
">http://www.vegahelmet.com/nbx1.html
</a>

I bought this one (Vega NBX-1) for like $110. It is comfortable and inexpensive. They also have the Mojave, for like $70-80. But it isn't nearly as comfortable.

Use caution when buying a used helmet, they are designed to work only once. Just dropping one can weaken it.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

I have to agree with the beware of used helmet comment. Really what you are looking for is that it is DOT and/or Snell approved. These are impact requirements that show the helmet will do what it is made to do. There are a number of reasonably priced helmets out on the market and you can find new in the box helmets on ebay as well. Another thing to look out for when you buy a helmet without trying them on is that the sizing on the helmets can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. I have owned dozens of helmets in my life and feel that one big factor in the safety of your helmet is how well it fits your head.

Outside of the DOT and Snell approval, the only other guideline I go by is - Got a $10 head??? Buy a $10 helmet!!! Beside paying for the fancy graphics, there must be some difference in a $50 and a $150 helmet.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!

Correct..........Don't alway go for the CHEAP prices......................Anmd I would never buy a lid unless I can Try the fit first..............If you buy one without trying it on............Then you still might need to get another...................

I (myself) would not buy a Helmet on-line or from e-bay!!!............Good luck..........Caper......................

Old 09-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

If you plan on buying off the internet go to a bike shop and try on the exact brand and model you are going to buy to get the correct size.
I personally like the Fulmer helmets the look cool and fit good.Can get them for less than $100 most places

Old 09-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

If you plan on buying off the internet go to a bike shop and try on the exact brand and model you are going to buy to get the correct size.
I personally like the Fulmer helmets the look cool and fit good.Can get them for less than $100 most places

Trending Topics

Old 09-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Trailblazer

I agree I have 2 Fulmer helmets in CAmo Pattern. They are comfortable and under $100 Found them online tried at local bike shop

Old 09-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea I agree with the posts, to find the fit from a store before buying. If
know your size/fit and want to try the Internet, I bought my last one from DennisKirk.com
$89 value for $40 (DOT etc etc.) MX with face guard.

Regards,
R'

Old 09-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

My dad always said: "if you have a 10 cent head, protect it with a 10 cent helmet".
Where can I get a 10 cent helmet?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Helmet Suggestion