Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Got a new quad

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a new quad

Whats up...I've been over in the Arctic Cat forums a little bit, but I just upgraded my quad. I had a 98 Arctic Cat 300, I got it maybe 4 months or so ago and been learning how to ride. I've put at least 20 hours on it. But a Polaris dealer by me was having a 1/2 off sale(on select ATVs) so I took a trip down to them on Saturday. I didn't expect to find any sport quads on sale, but I got lucky. I got there late in the afternoon, and they still had a brand new '06 Outlaw 500 sitting in the show room.....marked 1/2 off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

It was half off the MSRP + all the other dealer costs. Anyways, all in all it was $3850 (plus I went with the 3 year warranty and 3 year maintenance for an extra $1000). I love it. It feels like a rocket compared to my old 'cat. I don't think I've gone full throttle yet. The only bad thing, I guess because its been sitting all this time, the freaking battery gave out already. I rode it for about 2 hours then after washing it off, it wouldn't start. [img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img] We let it charge overnight but still nothing. Oh well, I'll hopefully have it up and running tomorrow.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Got a new quad

Graz on the new bike. Sounds like you got a smokin' deal. If I were you I would take the battery back to the dealer and have him give you a new one for no extra charge. I would be really surprised if he didn't do that for you. A battery should easily last 3 or 4 years so that one is probably defective.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Got a new quad

I picked the bike up on Saturday afternoon and rode for a few hours, and then planned on riding all sunday....kinda ruined my weekend. The dealer is about 30 minutes from me, and my bike is at my uncles/grandparents house (they live next door to each other on 20+ acres). So my uncle is going to take it to the dealer tomorrow when they are open (closed on sundays and mondays). I'm hoping its just the battery and nothing else major because I'd really like to ride tomorrow or the next day.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Got a new quad

Here's the only decent pic I have, and it still sucks because its with my camera phone. Oh well, I'll take my digital camera out tomorrow if I get it fixed.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Got a new quad

That is one sweet looking ride. My son really wants a quad like that but he has to much of a need for speed right now. He is 12 and has been riding since he was 3. He went from an Eiger 400 to a Wolvy 450 this year and he has to earn his stripes on that before I consider a true sport bike. Looks great. Enjoy it.

Keep in mind that if you are gonna ride local, you can always jump your bike off another battery.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Got a new quad

Thanks! Well like I said, we had it on the charger all night and it was still a no go in the morning [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default Got a new quad

Congrats on the nice looking new quad. Its a great feeling when you get that new one. I had a battery problem like that and it had just been a bad one. The suzuki shop replaced it for free and I went on my little happy way. Hope you get it running soon.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Got a new quad

Here's another decent pic. You can see my cousins 90cc Dinli. He's 10 and has just about outgrown it. My uncle is wanting to get him a Raptor 250....which would be cool because I outrun him horribly on my 'cat and never see him on my Outlaw. But he's been riding my 'cat and getting used to a bigger quad.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Got a new quad

welcome to the polaris family!! I, like you, have always rode cats before. I always rode my dad's 98 400 whenever I went. decided to finally get my own and I looked at some new honda's (didnt even look at the cats because the dealer here is way overpriced) and my uncke took me to polaris. he has an '00 trailblazer, btw. I ended up with a '03 sportsman 700 twin. never again will I change gears!!! lol. buddy has a '98 300 4x4 like yours. they are good bikes but underpowered imo. before long you'll be doing wheelies on your new ride!! I've been doing some on my sportsman, something I never could have done on the cat.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Got a new quad

Congratulations on that deal! My son said he'd trade his ATP for your Outlaw! Where do you live? And, do they have anymore deals like that?

Quick Reply: Got a new quad