Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Mud Drags

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud Drags

I went to my first Mud drag today. What a blast!!! The track was about 175 feet long, with 5 mudholes that got deeper the farther you went in, and then an uphill climb with 2 more mudholes on the way up. My first run was against an 06 SP 800 Stealth and I thought I was a goner LOL But the 800 sucked a bit of water in his snorkel and I won that race. Then my next run was against a BF 750 and I cleaned him too!!!! (Sorry Instigater) I'm not sure what happened, but I could beat him after the races too!?!?!?! In the semi-finals I was a moron and forget to click my bike into 4wd and my buddy with another SP500 won to go on to the finals. He was up against a 05 Cat 500 with a Gorilla 6" lift, 30" mudlites and a little NOS bottle. They were side by side untill the last mudhole and the Cat hit the NOS and went sideways into the bank leaving my buddy to fly up the hill and take the win!! By the end of the day the holes were pretty deep leaving a Wolverine, and 2 Trailblazers sunk and needing pulls. When I dopped into the holes the water and splash was over my rack and seat and the bike would actually float for a bit, then sink and get traction and go again. What a fun day!!!!

The side-by-side class was pretty cool as well with a sunk Rhino and a Prowler winning in the finals.

Overall the Can-Ams had the most problems with water getting into the clutch cover and airbox. All the Cats without snorkels had water in the airboxes and were running horribly. The BF750 only seemed to have problems getting power to the ground. And with my buds SP winning and the BIG Cat in second I was stuck in 3rd. But I was OK with $50 in my pocket.

I will definitly be looking for more events like this. What a riot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Mud Drags

sounds like a bast. sounds like you did alright as well. now for long cleaning process. they sound supply fire hoses like they do for truck mud runs lol. time to post some good pics.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mud Drags

I hosed it off when I got home and I have to pull the starter off. It quit 3 days ago, but it'll work with a tap of the hammer so the brushes are most likely sticking and full of mud. It sure was hard having the newest bike there and having to pull start it 90% of the time LOL

The hardest part was losing to my buddy with only tires and front springs for mods LOL It just goes to show I need a BIG light to tell me when I'm in 4wd [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

There was a fire hose there, but after the races were done it seemed to be a compitition to see who could get the muddiest!!! By the end of it the only blue you could see was my handgrips and I couldn't see out of my goggles anymore [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default Mud Drags

todd, where the heck was your camara or video during all this?? would have been some nice shots.[img]i/expressions/wine.gif[/img]

Old 09-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mud Drags

There was a guy there with a video camera that looked like he might have been from a TV show. I'll see if I can find out where he was from and if it'll air anytime soon. A few of my buddies had cameras there so I'll see if I can get some pictures from them.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mud Drags

Where did you go for this event?..........Thanks........Caper.........

Old 10-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mud Drags

It was just south of Parry Sound at the Deaf Camp. Look it up at www.motocamp.ca It was a blast!!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mud Drags

Here is a link to some pictures of the weekend. http://www.facebook.com/album....0&l=36cc9&id=548350384 Now if I could just figure out how to put the pics directly on my posts, I'll have it made

Old 10-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default Mud Drags

good pics looks like alot of fun.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mud Drags

I can't wait until next year. Maybe I'll talk Caper into running as well!!!!

Quick Reply: Mud Drags