Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

PLEASE HELP POLARIS 'GOOD-WILL WARRANTY' FUEL SYSTEM FAILURE

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP POLARIS 'GOOD-WILL WARRANTY' FUEL SYSTEM FAILURE

We own a Polaris Sportsman 600 that we purchased new in 2005. It has 26.5 hours on it. That's right I said <u>twenty-six</u>. Of course the warranty has expired, but our dealer said he would contact Polairs about a 'good-will warranty' since this is relatively rare, the machine has low hours and has been well kept. He didn't get anywhere and said the guy at Polaris was pretty rude to him. He told us to try calling them and see if we could get anywhere with them. I am hoping that the number we are calling is someone who could really help us and not just some jerk giving us the brush off. Has anyone had this same problem with a faulty fuel system? If not, does anyone have a number to Polaris where you received good customer service? Any and all comments would be appreciated.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default POLARIS 'GOOD-WILL WARRANTY' FUEL SYSTEM FAILURE

What was faulty on your fuel system?

Old 10-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm not sure. The guy at the dealer ship said we needed the entire fuel system assembly. I think he said it was the pump maybe? Whatever the piece was that was faulty is permanetly mounted inside the fuel pump.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

The only thing on the 600 would be the fuel level sending unit. What year is it exactly? 05? It shows the sender is a servicable item for 04 and 05 except for model numbers A04CH59AF/AH/AJ. The fuel pump is mounted on the frame. Can you get anymore specific info?

Old 10-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm sorry, I was mistaken it is an 04. I think the first diagnosis was the fuel sending unit. He ordered the part, about $76 and it was essentially just the float bowl. Then he said to be able to fix the problem, it would require replacing the fuel pump/system. I'm sorry to be so vague, but this is our first ATV and we are learning as we go.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

I hope none of my replies sounded bad, I just want to try and give you the best info I can and sometimes there are questions we need to ask. What was the original problem when you took it in? Would it not run, idle, fuel gauge was off, etc.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

well we know it cant be the internal fuel pump which is only for the efi's which the 600 isnt one. i havent heard tell of many extrnal pumps going bad have you. i know you work in a dealership right? try like he said to give us more details on it help diag. the problem. i would be surprised if polaris will warranty it but we can always hope.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: stendori

well we know it cant be the internal fuel pump which is only for the efi's which the 600 isnt one. i havent heard tell of many extrnal pumps going bad have you. i know you work in a dealership right? try like he said to give us more details on it help diag. the problem. i would be surprised if polaris will warranty it but we can always hope.</end quote></div>

I do work at a Polaris dealership. Have for 15 years. I found it odd that if they were replacing the fuel sender, that the fuel pump needed replaced also. An efi, yes. A carb model, no. Seems odd to me, thats why i wanted to know what exactly it was taken in for.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Range Rover

I just came back from my dealer with a bad fuel sensor, my guage quit working and because I have a 2008 500 EFI they have to replace the tank, to the tune of $500+, all because of a sensor....

I only have 135 miles and 39 hours on the thing, this is not reasonable at all & I was told that mine's not the 1st one either and my warranty expired at the end of last Sept.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dande

I just came back from my dealer with a bad fuel sensor, my guage quit working and because I have a 2008 500 EFI they have to replace the tank, to the tune of $500+, all because of a sensor....

I only have 135 miles and 39 hours on the thing, this is not reasonable at all & I was told that mine's not the 1st one either and my warranty expired at the end of last Sept.</end quote></div>

I quit my job at the dealership and don't have much info for you. It would be nice if they would warranty your machine because of the low hours/milage but who knows what they will say. In my opinion if you do have to spend the money to fix the sender for that price, I wouldn't do it. My 2 cents. I realize it should have lasted longer than that but for 500 plus dollars, I personally would not fix it.
IF you do have it fixed, get the old tank and keep it. There's a fuel pump in there that may be needed in the future and it's not a serviceable item either according to Polaris(even though it can be fixed without a 500 dollar tank)

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP POLARIS 'GOOD-WILL WARRANTY' FUEL SYSTEM FAILURE