Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

08 800 HO, Non HO???

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 800 HO, Non HO???

Sten, you've had both, can you tell the difference between the two? I mean is it worth me trading up to an 08? Whats the top end difference between the 06 and 08? Will she pull the front wheels off the ground with the XTRs on the front? Thanks and best of luck with those two new 08s. P.S. I really like that new sp 400 you got. Looks mean with those factory tires on it cant wait to see one with some fancy aftermarket tires on one.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>06' and 07' are both non HO models and the all the 08" models are the HO there is a difference between them. mine doesnt say HO on the side of it but it is an HO. hope that helps ya. </end quote></div>
I know 05 ,06-& 07's are not HO's

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Sunset Ed
I have an 07 and my dealer told me that all 07s are HO even though they are not marked as such. He said that in 08 they would again have HO and non HO models.</end quote></div>

Your dealer LIED to you

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>differnt cam, difernt valves(i think intake) and advanced timing. its about 5 more hp then the 06'and 07' as far as i know there is only the 800 ho in 08' and no non ho or no ho's prior to 08' </end quote></div>
New primary clutch also.
The differance is very impressive,
I'm comeing off an 05 800, and this thing just blows it away, in every aspect

Thanks everyone

Old 11-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yea trail i can tell the differance in power(mostly midrange) and one thing i like is that it seems to have better fuel milage then the 06' i went almost 60 miles on tank w/ it being not even broke in and me honing right on it. as far as top speed goes i really dont think its much differnt there again not broke in w/ only 160 miles i think. as far as the xtr's i had them on for a while w/out my spring in the primary and it does pull the wheels better then the 06' i put my stokcers back on until i go mudding in the spring where im putting stockers on the 400[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] so itll look even better. i dont regret up grading to the 08' and the adc is a nice extra as well. and yes i forgot the clutch is a little differnt as well.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Welll thanks for the info. I'm glad to here there are alot of other repeat polaris customers on here besids myself. Minnesota made some new laws for our Class II ATVs (Rangers and sidexsides). As of last year we can drive them on county and township roads. State highways were legal till August, but the state troopers didn't like that rule. So My new toy in the garage will be a ranger. Can't decide which one though. I like the blue with stripes and wheels, but I want it for hunting and cutting wood so camo may be a better choice so we'll se which one has a better price for the options. I may wait to see if they put a 800 in a big ranger in 09.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

I upgraded coming from the SP450, man what a nice improvement. Stendori gets all
SP800 Cult leader rights. Whats next for me is a nice Mud setup (Tires, snorkels, lift maybe?)

R'

Old 11-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: stendori

yea trail i can tell the differance in power(mostly midrange) and one thing i like is that it seems to have better fuel milage then the 06' i went almost 60 miles on tank w/ it being not even broke in and me honing right on it. as far as top speed goes i really dont think its much differnt there again not broke in w/ only 160 miles i think. as far as the xtr's i had them on for a while w/out my spring in the primary and it does pull the wheels better then the 06' i put my stokcers back on until i go mudding in the spring where im putting stockers on the 400[img][/img] so itll look even better. i dont regret up grading to the 08' and the adc is a nice extra as well. and yes i forgot the clutch is a little differnt as well.</end quote></div>

Now IMO I can tell a BIG differance in LOW,and mid Range,This weekend I'll run aggaint a few other bikes and we'll check the top-end.
Wheelies are effortless,then I put the 3.5 winch and the double tube bumpers on
and still it jumps right up with the rear shock set at the middle setting.
In the dirt,blacktop,high or low range,,,dont matter
( on the 05 ,wheelies were hard,even with a tuned HC clutch kit)

Old 11-21-2007, 06:49 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

500duse, theres a huge differnce for sure. i have the same(except mines a 3.0) on the front and even put 27" tires on(which you'll see the difernce) it and it still pulls the wheels, but nowhere as easy. i havent put my dalton spring yet and dont know if i will for a while but enjoy the improved power.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]