Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Jam Hard

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Jam Hard

Well, after riding in some corn stubble around here, I found out just how "tough" the stock radiator guard is on these machines!!! The stubble pushed the flimsy steel mesh in right at the bottom of my 800.
Started researching and Jam Hard came up quite often. I also seen someone else posting about the same type of problem with the open area in the Jam Hard that was there for the plow. This left an area just big enough to do damage.
I sent Troy an e-mail, and explained that I do not own a plow and never will, and if he would be willing to build one without the "V" notch for the plow. He agreed to and I got it yesterday. I have not got it on yet, and I will try to snap some pics for everybody! It was the same price as the regular one, and took about 1 month to get it with the holidays helping to stretch that out some!

Old 11-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Jam Hard

Mornin so2315
I had the same problem with mine. I'm glad he is making a full one now. I do like what he makes and might have to buy another one. I wonder if mine has a trade value? I will have to ask him..
http://img.photobucket.com/alb...obbles/ATV/guard-1.jpg

Old 11-30-2007, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider
Old 11-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider
Old 11-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Jam Hard

Well I've got my Jamhard upside down and my plow bracket fits great so I think a full cover should be in the works. If it ever stops snowing I'll get it melted off and take a picture and e-mail it to Troy.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Jam Hard

Well how is that plow SCRAMMY??.....Caper.........

Old 11-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider
Has ridden Rockhouse and Bearwallow trails.
Default New Jam Hard

Hey, I thought the original design was a little hokie, but i still bought one. I added a piece serrated cheese grater looking steel plate to the U area, had it on my 500 and now on the Stealth and has been flawless, I bought it a year ago and 2 friends had issues with the stock guard and have added since I bougt mine.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Jam Hard

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka

Well how is that plow SCRAMMY??.....Caper.........</end quote></div>

I've got over 6 hours on the bike just plowing so far, and I am amazed at what the bike will push!!! I've done my own driveway 3x, my buddies 1x and my girlfriend was housesitting on a private road so I did the driveway and the road 3x now. We have probably the same amount of snow as you do and I have my driveway scraped to the pavement and grass, but I need some frost in the ground to save my lawn. Plowing roads are my favorite so far, tip the blade full to one side and give 'er. Theres no windrow at speed and I can cut about 1/2 blade at a time without sliding around too much. What a blast!! I keep looking at the snow coming down at work and before I used to curse it, but now I just smile and think about coming home and putting on my helmet and going to "work" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I highly recommend putting your bike to "work" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Jam Hard

Sounds good!!......I just would like it much at -35 deg C........In Feb...
,.........Caper............But I am outside with the Snowblower anyway!!..LOL....Caper.........

Old 11-30-2007, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Jam Hard

Caper, you're missing out on all the fun!!! Ditch the cold snowblower and start having some fun this winter!!! I almost thought about buying a sled after all this snow, but it passed rather quickly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: New Jam Hard