Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What is the best value snow plow?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best value snow plow?

Hey everyone,

I am hoping to get some advice on which snow plow I should get. I have a 2006 sportsman 800. I want a 60 inch blade for sure. I read a ton of posts on here tonight. It seems the moose blades are the toughest, but a bit more expensive, and will handle gravel and dirt better then the others. I was leaning towards the glacier II razor. I would mainly be plowing a gravel road to my cabin. It up hill approx 1/2 mile of road. They can get some deep snow up there, and wanted something that would through it higher. That brings me back to the Moose country blade that tapers up to 26 inches. In the summer I would be using it to spread road base out on the road and that sort of stuff. I would rather spend a little more for something that will hold up and last longer.

Any thoughts?

Sorry to beat a dead horse on this one!

Thanks for any help you guys may have,

Zeke.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:39 AM
Range Rover

It sounds like you studied all the "snow plow" posts like I did and reached the same conclusion: 60" Moose County Plow. That's what I have ordered with the new front mount system. The only negative thing anyone said about Moose was that they were expensive. About each of the others, there were some negative comments. mtpockets has had both the Moose and the Glacier and he recommends the former.

Before a purchase such as this, I tend to study up and try to make the best choice, since I usually keep things a long time. It looks like the Moose will do the best job and hold up the best. My .02.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider

The 60" County plow would be great for what you want to use it for. Not sure I'd want to use it for pushing dirt though. I pushed some top soil around the last two years, and it scratched up the paint on the plow face pretty good. If I did harder duty than that, I'd have to have two blades, a straight blade for summer and the County blade for winter only.

Good luck!

Old 12-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

I HAVE USED MY 60" CYCLE COUNTRY blade for 3 years , i plow my privait drive 1/2 mile and about 8 of my nieighbors withe the same length drives..i spread gravel and crushed concrete.. my blade is stiil fine ,,a little scratched up ,,but fine and the best part is it only cost me 365.00 otd... not includeing the winch i already had.. so my vote would be cycle country for the price it has held up GREAT.. it is held on by 2 pins less the 30 seconds it on/off.. why blow big $$ on a moose or a glacier plow , i could not justify it.. maybe you can!!

Old 12-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer

I got a 60" moose country plow this fall and just got to use it for the first time this past weekend we got 10" of snow and it worked excellent rolled the snow very well, I cant say enough good about this plow. I also plow a very long drive and large parking lot. I have owned a Glacier plow and it also worked well but I felt it was a little light. I don't think you could go wrong with either plow but I would go with the Moose!!

Old 12-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

when i am pushing gravel or the crushed concrete i will hang a few cinder blocks off my plow markers for added weight!!

Old 12-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

Check out the American Eagle and it looks like the ones out of rockymountainatv.com are the same. Very Very tough plows. I've almost tossed myself off my sportsman numerous times and the only thing I've broke or bent is the bolts that hold the mounting plate on. Plow and push tubes are still perfectly straight.

Trending Topics

Old 12-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Range Rover

check out the Black Line plow . power angle and down pressure

Old 12-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do you happen to have a link?

Thanks!

Old 12-18-2007, 09:53 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

There have been lots of interest in Blackline. Type the name into the search box.

Quick Reply: What is the best value snow plow?