Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

First Post

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Post

I just bought a new 07Polaris SP 500 HO EFI Deluxe all my friends always complained about polaris saying they are junk but i test drove and rode every major brand and they just did not measure up to the polaris in any department.Did i make the right choice?Does this model have any none issues i should be aware of and what aftermarket acsesseries or protection do i need.Also is there a way to get more power out of this ATV?

Old 12-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default First Post

welcome. you could but bumbers and or brush guards on. check ebay sometime good deals. the 50 engine has been around a long time and is a good bike. the power is what it is and you could get maybe a few more ponies w/ enough money im sure but would it be worth it? ride and enjoy. a wincg would be a good idear as well.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default First Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: trophytaker75

I just bought a new 07Polaris SP 500 HO EFI Deluxe all my friends always complained about polaris saying they are junk but i test drove and rode every major brand and they just did not measure up to the polaris in any department.Did i make the right choice?Does this model have any none issues i should be aware of and what aftermarket acsesseries or protection do i need.Also is there a way to get more power out of this ATV?</end quote></div>

I know what you mean! all my buddies are Jap atv riders and swear that Polaris is junk! I asked why they say that and they all seem to bring up some antique 20 year old chain driven corn binder of a Polaris! that always needs work. It started and ran great just keeps throwing chains. I asked when the chains were replaced last and they couldn't remember ever changing them! I said well then get some new chains there and stop complaining Polaris is junk.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Oh well I sure show them the Polaris taillights!

Old 12-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default First Post

Welcome to ATV Connection Forums! And the 500 EFI is just about the perfect do-it-all ATV. You made a great choice.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default First Post

Trophytaker, The 500 is the workhorse of the polaris fleet. It is tried and true. Just do your scheduled maintenance and you will be good to go for years. As far as more power, get an 800 someday. If engines were meant to have modifications, they would come with them.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default First Post

trophytaker - tell your buddies to get a grip - ALL ATVS SUCK and I love them all. You made a great choice - ride and enjoy

dont get me goin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Range Rover
Default First Post

I agree with Stendori, a brush guard is a great add on.

Trending Topics

Old 12-23-2007, 01:14 AM
Trailblazer
Default First Post

You've made a great purchase!

My front brush guard has saved my front end a couple of times in tight trees already.

I changed the engine oil at 25 MILES and found it to be pretty metallic and dark. I'm just getting to the next oil change now at 25 hours then I'll switch to every 50 hrs. I think I'll get all the fluids changed this time too.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Range Rover
Default First Post

Don't sweat what your buddies say about Polaris. Chevy guys bash Ford and Dodge too, right? They all have thier pluses and minuses.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default First Post

You made your choice in about the best way, seeing what works best for your situation. I have test drove the others and always wind up back with a Polaris as its features fit me best. You will find issues with all the different machines on here at times. You are not going to get a whole lot more power out of the machine. A clutch kit may help with transferring the power better but will be marginal. There are aftermarket pipes but these too will bring only marginal gains. A 4 stroke just don't respond as well to mods as a 2 stroke did.

Quick Reply: First Post