Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Need some more help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some more help!!!

Alright i just went ahead a started a new topic because this is something new. I replaced my CDI, Voltage box, and coil still no fire, Well i think it could be the pickup coil near the stator, The thing i need is a diagram on how to replace the pickup coil i also need to know how hard this could be to change? i have worked on many motors but never worked on a Polaris before, I was going to order a book for it and can't find any, Do you guys think i could replace it without a book or do i really need to find a book, I am sorry for being long winded but i really want to get this thing running again!

Old 01-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Trailblazer

I am having the same problem, and replaced all the same things you have so far. I also heard that a possible problem is the pulser coil by the stator which I have on order. You have to take the recoil cover off and get the flywheel off which is a pain(flywheel puller helps). Once that is off you can see the stator and the pulsercoil is right next to it. As long as you are not afraid of cutting and splicing a few wires its not that big of a deal to do. If you go here http://www.alljet.com/atv_parts.html you can get a decent diagram on how its set up. I should have my part by this weekend and will hopefully be the reason behind my no spark issue. I will keep you updated if it works...otherwise I am goingto take the thing out back and burn it.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a flywheel puller and i don't mind to cut a few wires, I am also hoping this is it, Luckly i have a cycle salvage not to far away, i would say they have 2,000+ motor cycles and 1,000+ four wheelers but only 4 or 5 jet skis LOL they have my part thats where i got my CDI and voltage box (They are good) they also have a pickup coil or pulser whatever you want to call it i just have to go get it from them!