Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

RZR for my dad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RZR for my dad?

hey guys, im interested to hear your guys opinions on the rzr, reviews are good and all but you cant beat the advice of someone who owns one. my dad hurt his shoulder a couple years back and finds the handlbar setup on quads a bit hard for him to use on anything but laid back trails. we have two quads already, notice the sig, and we were out riding at Wayne Nat. Forest when some guy in his rzr pulls up and my dad really liked it, especially that it can fit on the 50" restricted trails there. The prowler, ranger and rhino are all to big to fit where we go trail riding so it would be pointless to get one of those. so basically im looking for the good and bad on this bad boy side by side. appreciate the help guys!

Old 01-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Trailblazer
Default RZR for my dad?

I have been looking into the rzr also, but my problem is the wife, she has a problem with her back and shoulder and ridding her atv is a problem, so the rzr looks like the way to go, except she says want to drive. I Like the point that they will be allowed and fit on the atv only trails. They look to be well built. I like to hear some reports on the rzr running on sand, I live 30 min. from St Anthony sand dunes here in Idaho and I do like the sand, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Range Rover
Default RZR for my dad?

RZR news from Polaris

Bitd link

I'd say that pretty much says it all.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default RZR for my dad?

I rode a RZR last fall. It was very comfortable with the full seat compared to an ATV. And it was easy to ride and steer. Only thing I didn't like about it was that it was loud, with the noise seeming like it was immediately behind the seat/ right behind by head. It IS a sport UTV so I didn't fault it for the noise, just didn't care for it personally.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default RZR for my dad?

i dont know to much about how it does on the trail but my buddy has one at out at glamis it will go anywhere are quads will go just about. he has nothing but good things to say about it.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RZR for my dad?

Hey frnd, another thought might be the Yamaha Grizzly with power steering or Honda has one also. I know it can be tough steering a quad sometimes as I have minor shoulder issues. I've thought about the RZR but it would be a little tight for me personally. Just a thought. I'm not brand loyal, but really love our 2 Polaris quads.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Range Rover
Default RZR for my dad?

Boss owns a RZR and it is a really awesome machine. Very fast, can go everywehere a Sportsman can go. On steep hills, it is blind due to hood. Must train hands and legs to stay in the vehicle at all times! Back support is great, seats are nice and comfy, seat belts can lock quite often and increase your likelyhood to need to pee. I notice with the roll bar, stick and tree limb intrusion can be rather painful. I would wear a helmet at all times, as the seat belt anchors would cut a head very easily. Keep wondering when Polaris is going to offer a 500. One bad note, here in MO one can not ride a RZR in most ATV parks due to the stearing wheel! Be sure to check Fed/State/Local laws.

Steve