Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

trees hurt

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trees hurt

so i was driving the quad ontop of about 3' of snow.... having a good time... only got stuck once... nothing a shovel couldn't fix in 2 minutes.....

then i started driving through our woods on a 10' wide trail for tractors.... I got to our little "bridge" type thing ... more of a road between two swomps.....

the quad got off of the tracks i had going and drifted to the left.. and FAST.... next thing you know i hit a tree..... i was going 10-15 mph and it hit the left wheel nice and hard.... smacked me up pretty good, my right hand got jammed into the handle bar... still hurts pretty bad....

after i got my brake handle out of the new whole it made in my jeans, i got off and assessed the damage... too much of my belief, there was no damage done to the cosmetics.... the way i hit, i could have sworn i had 1000's of dollars of repairs of the whole front plastics and lights and what not.... not a scratch....

i threw it in reverse ( i was basically in a ditch....) gave it some gas and got it out ( the ditch had allot of snow in it, i love this quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] )

when i went to drive it away i noticed a strong pull to the left..... my left tie rod is bent pretty bad.. but i drove it home (1 mile) and got it in the garage to start working on it.... took the tie-bar out and now i need to buy a new one...

how much will one of these cost me at the polaris dealer?

i'm going to go get some ice... this hand is bad..... right where the thumb meets the hand... hurts pretty damn good..

erick

Old 03-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default trees hurt

The tie rod is 22.92 at your friendly Polaris dealer..I did same thing last weekend...Hit a log buried under the snow and threw me into a tree..About 15 mph..Got knocked off atv but never got hurt..Broke right handguard off....no other damage..

Old 03-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default trees hurt

IF YOU ARE NOT IN HURRY YOU CAN CHECK W/ BIKEBANDIT.COMAS THERE PRICES ARE PRETTY GOOD.
GOTTA LOVE THEM POLARIS'S!

Old 03-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default trees hurt

shorse,

I hope ice is all you need for your hand. Sounds like you got lucky with the front end. Good luck with the healing and repairs.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default trees hurt

I think that's probably just the rod then you'll have to reuse the end components.....Looks like you took a good hit there.

John

Old 03-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default trees hurt

make sure you count the threads on the tie-rod ends,it"ll save you alot of alignment time/headachs..

good ole savage

Old 03-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Range Rover
Default trees hurt

a good hit it was....

i am a very lucky person, and a new bumper is HIGH on my needs list now... i am not going to let this happen again... it could have destroyed allot more...

I am so happy with polaris... if all that broke was a bent tie rod... i am extremely happy and will recommend them to all....

just the fact that i could still drive it home a mile in 2-3' of snow..... god i love that thing....

i plan on picking it up tomarrow and head on back to where it happened .... this time i go IN the swomp like i wanted to....

the hand is still hurting, if it doesnt get better looks like im going to the hospital tomarrow.... hopefully it is just bruised....

Trending Topics

Old 03-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default trees hurt

I was taking a guess that it's just the rod......I don't know for sure.....Good advice onesavage...

John

Old 03-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Range Rover
Default trees hurt

ha ha.... yea about the counting the threads....

oops... i already took the ends off....

will i need to bust out the tape measure and allign it tomarrow?

any body care to count theirs for me? it'd be very appreciated and a great place to start.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default trees hurt

You expect me to go lay on my cold garage floor now and count threads......LOL......OK I'll be right back...

John

Quick Reply: trees hurt