Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

First New ATV

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First New ATV

Hey everybody. Long time lurker of the forums. First post. I purchased my first bike back in November. I shortly thereafter had a doozy of a wreck doing some really stupid **** with a riding buddy. I broke ribs, Punctured a lung, and received a severely broken wrist that will need surgery. I will be in a cast for three MORE months. I got the quad back on the road back at 100%. I was just wondering if anyone else had any advice for any normal maintenance that I should pay SPECIAL attention with this particular ATV. Also Mod recommendations? Places to find parts, accessories? I bought a 2007 Polaris Scrambler. I have been extremely happy with it. It is fast, powerful enough... obviosly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] , has been into a bank at 40+ M.P.H. and feels great. I am having a touch of trouble getting it aligned correctly...... but something could also be a little off after going end over end multiple times. Overall I think this is an amazing machine that has shown some unimaginable toughness. Hopefully with solid maintenance she'll hold up!!!!!!!!! Pictures, Video on the way!!!
Emery

Old 03-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default First New ATV

do it like a car... grease.....change oil... clean air filter once in awhile.. dont ride with battery dead or you will screw up electrical.. chain drive needs a little attension.... watch the front cv joint axle boots they will tear if snow gets packed in there and frezes and you take off had that happen on couple of are machines

i working on 99 scrambler that my dad pretty much trashed and still not done with it after 3 months of cleaning and new parts... i use my stuff but i do maintenace regulary on it .....and something starts getting bad i gets new so it last and dont mess up other crap.... also watch that belt drive in water and if it takes on water in belt clutches and stuff dont be like my dad and leave in gear and floor it to dry stuff off... moron lol.... old man melted belt cover cuz it got so hot from doing that also wrecks clutchs...s

personally i will never buy a polaris..... the only reason i wont sell this scrambler is it was my uncles that passed away and i inherited it...

Old 03-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default First New ATV

clutch kit,,,, air box mod,,,, pipe,,,,, there alot of the big performance ups.... you will be happy with all the peeps here ive gotten alotta help from stendori and ftwlt they are very very helpful

good luck with machine.... sry hear bout the wreck thats gotta sux get better man

Old 03-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default First New ATV

hate to hear about the crash and glad to hear your semi-ok.if it's 4x4 i'd say the cv boots other than that do the regular maint. and it should be ok.on the alignment check the tie rods might be bent some steering stem and handle bars.on the parts check with rittercycles.com hotseatperformance.com bikebandit.com rockymountainatv.com just to name a few. from the info provided may i suggest some saftey gear helments chest prtector gloves boots etc

Old 03-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default First New ATV

haha! I did actually buy a better helmet and some gloves before we got done fixin her. I have actually been riding for many years and have never had one single accident! There was however a big difference in the bikes. I rode a Honda trx 200 for 11 years prior to the purchase of the Scrambler. And stray away from doing bonehead stuff. This was just a really stupid thing. I was racing my friend on a Yamaha 450 YZF dirt bike. He's a lot faster but I was killing him in the turns..............until I made my move and passed him on the complete wrong side of the road to negotiate the next turn with a **** eating grin up until impact. I was more embarrassed than I've ever been in my life.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default First New ATV

Hey 07 Scrammy, I'm glad you are still around to laugh about it! Hope you heal well......and WELCOME as a new member! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default First New ATV

welcome, congrats on your new scrammy.

youll soon find out that mods and addons are not nearly as readily available for polaris machines as they are for hondas and yamahas etc. but they are out there, youll just have to search them out. they previously mentioned sites are good place to start.
you might also try http://www.hpd-inc.com/, http://www.aaenperformance.com/ATV_Home.asp.

theres also a forum much like this, that is dedicated to only gen3 polaris scramblers and trailblazers. alot of helpful info there.

X

X

Old 03-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default First New ATV

Glad your o.k. the aaen pipe clutch kit and k&n realy woke up mine and was fairly resonably priced.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default First New ATV

Thanks for the feedback.

Been looking at your Scrambler for a long time on here. Where is the forum for Trail Blazers, Scramblers?

Old 03-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post