Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

radiator bushings

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radiator bushings

noticed the lower bushings that hold the radiator were gone,i ride trails in the woods,haven't jumped it,lucky my dad owns a junkyard,found some that fit perfect,anyone else had this problem?checked top mount it is tight

Old 04-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

how in the world did you loose the bushings with the top mount still tight? Is the bottom bracket loose? Now I have to go out in the rain and check mine...

PS...I absolutly love that camo job on the 400HOs, if it wasn't so expensive I definately would have gone with the camo!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

Speaking of radiatiors on the SP 400 HO, has anyone out there had trouble from mud clogging the radiators on these and making them overheat? I have an aircooled Hawkeye that I love, but the power of the 400 HO is awful tempting. I had a SP 600 that everytime I went near a mudhole the radiator clogged and I ran hot. Other guys went thru the same spots on other brand bikes and had no issues with clogged radiators, so I am a bit gun shy on having another liquid cooled machine.

I appreciate any feedback.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

tider, you will be happy to hear that the location of the 400 HO radiator is quite a bit higher then that of the full size Sporties! Have been up to the bottom of the fenders with no problem...will be doing some serious mudding this weekend so we will see if anything shows up...I have had one concern though, without a temp guage or light, how would you know if it overheated?!

Old 04-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know how you'd know if the Hawkeye overheated. The 400 HO does have a hot light correct?

Let me know if yours runs hot after some serious mud.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:31 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

this is what i have found in the past w/ my liquids. the twin engines seem to run hotter so it doesnt take as much blockage to make them overheat. my 450 we had overheated 2 times but was completely covered in mud. i care where the location is (as long as its not on the front rack lol) the radaitor will get filled w/ mud if you go thru the deep mud. the 400 is lower mounted then the 450 was just from the bike design so im guessing it will get plugged easier. dont know for sure. im also putting on the winch today and wondering how much air flow will be blocked from it.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Pro Rider

my buddy on his 98 sp 500 hits way more mud than i did on my 600 and his fan hardly ever even came on and mine never went off!

Old 04-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

Stendori, youv'e gotta let me know how you got to the battery on the 400 HO, is so far in and under you can hardly see it much less get battery cables to it! LOL!

Also, have you run across any reference to a temp. warning light on the 400 HO? I'm a bit puzzled how you would know that it was overheating before real damage was done! Waiting till it seized up might be a bit too late!

Old 04-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

I've seen a picture of what looks like a hot light in the center between the Neutral and reverse lights on the speedometer, is that where it is?

Old 04-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

hey bama, your right, no mention in the manual that I could find but the center light does have a little thermometer on it! that makes me feel much better!

Quick Reply: radiator bushings