Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

here is a funny one

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default here is a funny one

ok so i have been haveing numerouse problems with a 95 magnum i bought from e-bay big mistake 4seasonmotorsports is a looser by the way but anyway i ended up bringing this atv to the local dealer because i am haveing issues ranging from electrial to top end throttle issues, the fuel was leaking from the bottom of the carb. as well and the key would not shut off the wheeler, they call and it is fixed so they say i get it home and off the truck try to shut it off and walla still running, keep in mind they charged me 498 for what they did or did not do, and gave me a estimate for 1300 for front end work etc... they were suposed to fix the leaking gas, get it running fix the starting problem and make it safe and i was going to return it after recouping funds and i gave them a limit of 900 so i deal with the starting issue since it will shut off after a min or 2 so the next day i go for a ride and when i get back and park i light up a ciggarett and right after i smell gas, it is pouring out again, so i call the guy and asked him if he took the carb apart or not he said no! then i mentioned the wireing the key well he said they moved a wire and they thought they fixed it, well i felt the need to ask him what it was that he charged me for he said they took the hub apart and cleaned it, i never told them to do such a thing i asked for a estimate for it, so i feel i am pretty much on my own, i got a manual, a screen name here and some anxioty i took the hubs apart right,,,, now if they cleaned the hub wouldn't it make since that they would be clean and not all a nasty black gew instead of nice clean hub oil, so i cleaned the parts and put the oil in both sides, i took the carb apart and discovered the following: the air mixture screw is non exsitant gone, the float valve assembly is shot - no good, carb all sludged up air filter clogged, i am still waiting for the parts but i beleave i will gaine my top end back when these items are installed, the tie rods are shot, the dealer never mentioned it, i cleaned and tightened every wire on the controll panel and it fixed the lights, 4x4, rev. limiter, and the key switch, so if you have issues with your wheeler be warey because i don't beleave this dealer did a thing but look at it tap the carb and jiggled a wire. thank you to all that helped me on here, i'll drink one for yall....lol

Old 04-29-2008, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

wow ive leared from not having any money to bring stuff to teh dealer i do everything myself.that sux to spend that much money and get nothing.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

man that sucks!!!..i am haveing a few as i babble,how can i/ we help!!!..

Old 04-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Range Rover

Even on the rare occsion that I have money to spend at the dealership I dont. I get a sense of satisfaction from doing it myself and I think you are on the right track. The forums are a great tool. It seems that most of these guys have been in our shoes at some point and I trust them(odd having never met them) but I do not trust any dealer. Their business is to make money from our ignorance or inability, so they already think they are better than us. They dont want to shake our hands but would rather we bend over. I say get warranty work done when you can and do the rest yourself. If you go to the dealership for an overpriced part that you cant find on ebay, pee on their bathroom walls and empty your ashtray in thier parking lot, I do.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:32 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

there is (ive found anyways) alot of untrained or just plain stupid so call mechanics at some of the dealers so i do my best to stay away from them.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Pro Rider

You got to keep in mind when going to a dealer - They hire guys like us! - then if they prove their mechanical ability they send them to tech school for the manufacturer brand sold. I also think its a great thing that we have here where we can ask SOMEONE who we don't know questions so we can work on our own machines and get the satisfaction of knowing a job is well done and done by ourself.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider

I have to agree with everything said except for the part about they hire people like us, because I like to think that us "do it yourselfers" take alot of pride in what we do and those guys that call thereselves machanics is all they are, all they have are titles and no skill. Half of them are clueless and usually when I go in for some advice or an answer to a guestion they don't even know what I am talking about. The only good thing that dealer can do for you is sell you a good polaris, after that you better get a user name and password!

P.S. Just my two sense! Thinks for letting me vent.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Trailblazer

no help needed i got this under controll now! their was just so much wrong at first i didn't know where to start, but when you can't ride you tend to figure things out.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you'll learn very quick. I taught myself and learned form people here on the forums how to fix mine when i was 14.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

i tride getting a job at a local cycle place that has dirt bikes and atvs. they said they wouldn't hire me at 14. i am in there asking them questions about parts and i know more than them at 14!!!!!!! i brought a go cart in there they charged us 400 dollars and couldn't find teh problem whatever they did worked for 1/2 and hour. i took the carb and everything apart myself and it works great now haha. they would have done themself a favor if they hired me. No one is hiring at 14 we can get our working papers but they are worthless. haha everyone around he is affraid to hire at 14. i know more than anyone there.

Quick Reply: here is a funny one