Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brackets

I was wondering if any of you had put any brackets on you back plastic rack so that when you take your bag on or off you don't have to thread it through the rack? The bag I have you have to take off the plastic pieces so that I can fish it through. If I had some sort of small half rinds mounted on my rack it would make taking me bag on and off a lot eaiser. Any Ideas??

Thanks

Fishcarver

Old 06-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Brackets

Welcom to the forum. I would rather toss the bag and switch to a Lock & Ride cargo box with a backrest. It only takes a few seconds to take it off or put it back on. But they also make a Lock & Ride bag that goes off and on in seconds. I think it works with or without a rack extension.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Default Brackets

JF-

I have looked at them from time to time and they are pricy! You have any angles
on where you bought yours? So your not shelling out $179 plus?

R'

Old 06-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brackets

I hear ya fish, I was pondering the same thing. It is a PITA to do everytime you put it on and take it off. I usually use mine when I go hunting or fishing. I would like to have the lock and ride w/ a back rest but I have a box for my dog to ride so I put my bag on the front. I also cant break down and pay the money Polaris wants for the stuff, I have a Walmart special, got the rack bag, tank bag, fender bag, and hand covers for $40, so I just make do and complain everytime I put it on and take it off.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Default Brackets

Rowe, I had to click your gallery and just as I thought you have the pics of your Dog..LOL thats
cool man! Maybe one day I will have my mans best friend go quadding with me. Does she stay
still for the rides? She stay on for steep hills up and down or going thru the mud?

R'

Old 06-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Moto Psycho
Default Brackets

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RticKwad

JF-

I have looked at them from time to time and they are pricy! You have any angles

on where you bought yours? So your not shelling out $179 plus?

R'</end quote></div>

I don't use a bag or box because I can't fit my cooler in them, but I would rather have a box over a bag any day. And if you get a box you may as well get the one with a backrest. I'm thinking about using spray foam or styrofoam to convert one into a cooler. [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] I would paint it white or a light color to reflect the sun.

I knew I couldn't be the only one to give his dog a ride. I just putt around with mine. I have to ride alone when Im serious.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Brackets

Yeah R she's been riding with me since last Fathers Day. Her hips are starting to bother her so my dad and I built the box for her cause we live about a mile from a river and she used to just run there swim and run back but she's gettin older and its a mountain to climb on the way back home and it was gettin to her, so we decided to give it a try and from day one it was like she rode quads her whole life. I take her all the time through just about anything she even rides across the railroad tracks we have to cross. The only time she moves is going down steep hills she digs her paws into my back and pushes but going up steep hills she just hangs on. Its a blast!!!

Old 06-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Moto Psycho
Default Brackets

Quaddin dogs are cool. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Sometimes I put a rug on the rack and lay my dog on on it. Other times he sits in front of me and hangs onto my left arm. It looks more fun than hanging your head out a car window. I tried that myself and see why dogs do it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Brackets

Hey R did you ever get that PM I sent you back about the 250x. I know it took me a while til I noticed the one you sent me I dont want ya thinkin I ignored you!

Yeah Jumbo I hear ya mine really reaches out there sometimes and it's usually cause theres some deer close by, or turkeys she's really into them too. I've had her ride in front of me a couple times when I had my Honda and all I got was a face full of slobber, and flopping ears hitting me in the face, but we still had fun!

Old 06-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Default Brackets

Yea, Rowe! Thanks man for all that good info.

R'