Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

And the answer is....

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And the answer is....

Have some of you long term members here noticed that we seldom find out the answer to some of the questions asked about various issues?
Many times it's from someone who just joined with 1 post and then they disappear.
I would like to know if we were able to help out and who offered the correct answer. I even go back and ask what happened and don't get a reply.
Any comments or suggestions?
I say minimum 50 posts before I help out or else you join "the polaris nuthouse" for some abuse.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

This question is not really directed at me, I guess, but I'm gonna toss in my thoughts just so I can get to the minimum of 50 post. :-)

Anyway, I asked some questions probably within my first 5 post. Got reasonable answers and some very nice offers of help right away.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ha ha, the 50 post thing is just part of my sick sarcastic humor.
Everyone is great here and offer great advise and you are hanging around BUT what was the answer to your original problem? Did you come back and tell everyone what you found?
It would be nice for someone new, or old, to do a search for an issue and find out what the answer to the problem was, although there could be multiple correct answers.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i dont want to toot my own horn by any means(because i really dont deserve it) but i have helped a few and they have come back and told us that it worked or it was the issue. so there is a few that have been helped and replied back. granted it would be nice if they all got the correct answer and would come back and tell us. just my .02

Old 07-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think alot of them just do a general web search with there trouble and this Forum pops up!
As for the reply to say yes,or no.......They look on the web some more.....
..........Like Stendori said.......Some do say thanks it worked ......or any more things to try before taking it to the dealer...........But I only try and help if the problem is with the ECM.....LOL.....LOL....
...........Caper..........

Old 07-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

alot of people offer help and all, but there have been a couple times where i have gotten complete opposite answers from what is right.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

You know what is really scarey? Is some posters who pose as ordinary members
and they are new young hired techs hired by Polaris to fix our Quads w/o
the experience. I know in my computer tech field that happens all the time,
I used to be one of them back in the day...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just a thought that it probably
wouldn't be any different here in this line of work and some on here to learn
the trade.

R'

Old 07-04-2008, 12:02 AM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Sometimes you get the wrong answer but thats usually cause you ask the wrong question.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:15 AM
Pro Rider

Seems to me that alot of the questions I see , should have a pretty simple (Common sense) answer. Dealing alot with the public I've found that many people should not even own a pair of plyiers or screwdrivers. They come here to see if they can get any answers before taking the machine to a qualified dealer/repair shop.
I do believe what R K said about techs using this site at their own job.

and --Mongrol, had a cocker spaniel for 12 yrs. that was the meanist damn dog I've ever owned in my life. I'm telling ya meaner than a snake. Would bite anyone anytime, especially kids.

To all supporting members, Really enjoy alot of different areas- The pics-different places to ride-and all the stories from everyone.

I do appreciate all the help i've got from all and more than happy to help anyone I can. Mike

Old 07-04-2008, 04:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Budman650

... BUT what was the answer to your original problem? Did you come back and tell everyone what you found? </end quote></div>

My son flipped my new 700 X2 about 2.5 weeks after I bought it so I was replacing some parts. I was so new to ATVs (and still am) that I wasn't real sure which direction I wanted to go on some of the parts. I posted a message about getting rims/tires for the X2 and got many positive responses. In fact, I got better than just an answer. One of the members (sheepdogMSP8117) actually gave me a couple spare rims that will work. All he wanted for them was the price of shipping.

I'm on several other forums for different toys (motorcycle, computers, etc.) and I'm not sure I've seen that good of a response to a newbie. I agree, it does seem that there are many who show up, post a question or two, and then disappear. So far, though, for me this site seems above average on willingness to be helpful. But then again, I'm mostly hanging out in just the Polaris area so far, so we'll see how things go in the future.

Quick Reply: And the answer is....