Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Where are all of the past Sport/Scrambler 400 guys?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 04:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are all of the past Sport/Scrambler 400 guys?

Back in the day, there was a lot of 400 chatter here that I can recall.

What happened to all you guys?... Mike, Jack, etc....

Old 07-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

http://www.gen3usa.com/

Old 07-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I hang out there too now.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Range Rover

Wow, flashback... I was really involved in forums from around '96-02 but since then I've just trolled mostly... I remember a few names from back then on the Polaris forums: Jack Schultz, Ron Mireau, Mike Chero, Jerry Goodman, and though not so much a Polaris lover Gordon Banks. I'm Adam Dowden and went by "quad_man" back then, and had a little website called Scrambler's Domain.

It's cool to see there still some dedicated Gen III's out there, I hadn't heard of gen3usa yet. Though a little dated, it's still a great all around machine!

Old 07-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: awdowden

Wow, flashback... I was really involved in forums from around '96-02 but since then I've just trolled mostly... I remember a few names from back then on the Polaris forums: Jack Schultz, Ron Mireau, Mike Chero, Jerry Goodman, and though not so much a Polaris lover Gordon Banks. I'm Adam Dowden and went by "quad_man" back then, and had a little website called Scrambler's Domain.

It's cool to see there still some dedicated Gen III's out there, I hadn't heard of gen3usa yet. Though a little dated, it's still a great all around machine!</end quote></div>

Yeah, and since they don't make them anymore, you can imagine my excitement to find this quad in such condition. I had actually went to look at his other quad, and couldn't believe my ears when I heard him talking himself into selling it while we were shooting the breeze about it.

I love the 2 stroke engine spunk and the looks, and it was a great ****** for me since it's also automatic (for wife). So I didn't have to be worried about it if she didn't ever ride it because I enjoy it too.

So anyways, I finally made it to the party... just 9 years late I guess.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Range Rover

You have a clean machine. I loved the '99 color scheme and graphics. I had a '99 500HO and '02 400, both 4x4, but I'm quadless right now.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm still here!!!
I didn't do much chattering but I love to ride my 400. Some perf add ons and it's a screamer scrambler!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: awdowden

You have a clean machine. I loved the '99 color scheme and graphics. I had a '99 500HO and '02 400, both 4x4, but I'm quadless right now.</end quote></div>

Thanks... but not clean due to me... lol...

It was the dealer's 'race accessory' display machine and didn't sell... I guess because of the cost of the add-ons... mx tires/wheels, aftermarket suspension, etc... The original owner bought it as a leftover in 6/00 totally stock, no accessories.

He took it out once to a trail system and that was it. It sat in the garage and they rode it around the neighborhood occasionally. He tried to sell it once after that, but you know how that goes... hard to part with a new machine at a big loss, so he kept it, and really the situation got worse. It was still like brand new and several years old. So I got a rare find. It still has the warning stickers. (how's the best way to remove those anyway?)

Myself, I've already scratched it a little. I RIDE THEM!!!

My wife's friend also jumped the dang thing through a split rail fence the other day. Hit the bumper and bars. So I have some dings now. Had to fix the radiator cover, and need to get new steering stem bushings now too. Scratched it, cracked the plastic under my right leg, and the electric fence made a melty scratch up front. She got jolted too, which serves her right.

As for the color scheme, I love the all red, and I love the yellow two-tone. At first I thought I'd like yellow plastic and the old quadracer scheme... yellow and suzuki blue trim (nose & seat). But I really dig the red and will probably leave it like that. Especially since I plan to yank the oil injection. I can get a Trailblazer 330 hood (red) with no oil hole.....

I know all about being quadless... spent a long time not being able to ride and spent a long time looking for the right ride afterwards, so....

Old 07-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: duster

It still has the warning stickers. (how's the best way to remove those anyway?)
</end quote></div>

I don't know if it's the most professional way, but I used a hairdryer to heat the stickers up and then just pulled them off and used WD40 to clean off the glue.

Depending on how much sun exposure your plastic has been through, sometimes the color under the sticker doesn't fade and is a little brighter than the rest of the plastic around it. Yellow might hide that pretty well though, and if it's been stored in the shade you'll probably never know the difference.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe try the GooGone. I used it on the wifes. You still have to work at them a lil but it should get them off. Other than that I used the pressure washer on my Predator. I just wish they used the same stickers for the graphics, they blow off with the garden hose and you damn near have to cut the warning stickers off.

Quick Reply: Where are all of the past Sport/Scrambler 400 guys?