Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

first impression of my 2008 trailblazer 330

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first impression of my 2008 trailblazer 330

My first impression of my 2008 trailblazer 330. I before I took off to rocky glen I made sure I had my key tools, ridding gear, my winch water and food. It had been almost two years since I ridden. When first the finished club house or whatever call I was blown away. They seemed to have everything there. The place had A/C. Nice sized restrooms and a shower. They had sports drinks, pop, chips and Candy. The trails are now much better marked. After I checked in and paid the fees and bought sports drink Gatorade G2 I think which was nice and cold. After getting dressed in my gear with helmet I unloaded quad started right up. I drove off to the emergency road to get my bearings and then I was off to the Hair scrambler trails which are what call it. Which was alot fun for me because it nice and easy great for beginners that know there limits. Then I got into small mud/sand water had no problems getting out but after I went through the quad didn't quite run the same it felt like it had little power, when it came to a idle it died and it was backfiring in the air filter. I was only about 20mins into to the ride when this happened. I was able to get back to the truck but boy it did not sound happy with popping or backfiring or whatever you want to call. This was the first time I road it. My 2004.5 Sportsman 500 4x4 never had any problems with water or mud or sand. It ticks me off that I had to sell it but that am another story. Anyways I took it straight to the dealer and dropped it off they said they would call me. Im hopping that the warranty will cover it.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

Where is old PolarisTech ? I have a few ideas but he may have seen this before on this model .

~bump~

Old 07-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

did you splash water into the CVT snorkle? Maybe it needed draining and then dry the belt by revving in Nuetral.

Also check plugs and wires, use dielectric grease on them.

Jim

Old 07-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

OMG I bet it was Water In the CVT I remember now from my trailblazer 250es that happen i put in Neutered and rev it and it was fine. darn i wish i thought of it at the time but it had been along while since ive ridden.
Im going to pick it up first thing tomorrow and check it over.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jimmypsp700

did you splash water into the CVT snorkle? Maybe it needed draining and then dry the belt by revving in Nuetral.

Jim</end quote></div>
You answered what I was I was thinking about asking him! Nuff said!

Old 07-18-2008, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: old polaris tech

Jim</end quote></div>

You answered what I was I was thinking about asking him! Nuff said!</end quote></div>
Is there anyway of keeping future water from entering like maybe grease around outer lines of the CVT cover like somepeople do with there air filter box?

Old 07-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

</end quote></div>

Would this CVT snorkle you speak of... be the upside-down "P" trap looking vent on the left side of the machine?? I'm betting it is and depending on how you turn your wheels on your quad in some water your throwing that water straight down the tube on to your belt ie you have to stop-get off your quad-and then utilize your drain plug and/or rev the thing in neutral. This is an aggravating situation when your trying to have some fun a quad.

If you go to PolarisIndustries.com under their rider review section for 2007 models there's a guy from Louisiana who talks about this issue on his Scrambler. He remedied the problem by removing that "P trap" vent and replacing it with hot tub tubing from Home Depot. He ran the added tubing up threw and/or near the handle bars which allowed him run in 24-inches of water without any more problems. I don't think he posted the modifications per-say on the website because I remember exchanging an e-mail or two with the guy. I myself haven't tried his modification due to time constraints of work/children, etc... Not sure if this helps but it's my 2 cents worth [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

Im going to check on that it and give it a try. needless to say i like to go in the water and mud with the atv.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider

turns out it was just a fouled spark plug becuase i over choked once. im thinking im going to get togather of a list of parts i should have on hand like Spark plug and CVT Belt just to start

Old 07-23-2008, 03:47 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to carry 2 spare plugs before I got an EFI.
If you're going to carry a belt you need to carry a wrench to unbolt the cover too.

Quick Reply: first impression of my 2008 trailblazer 330