TIRED OF BUYING AIR FILTERS

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 07:25 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default TIRED OF BUYING AIR FILTERS

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ESCAVADER

YEP ,WHAT I THOUGHT ,STICK WITH OEM PAPER,THROW AWAYS AND PREFILTER.My wifes 05 500ho is wicked sensitive to a dirty filter,machine spits and sputters and will make it overheat,The two magnums dont act out with a slightly dirty filter.Dont know about my new 07 efi 500ho Im always leading ,and its only couple weeks old

ohh well i just thought that outlander filter was neat,just wash it out,bit probablt all the crap is going in the engine.

THANKS AGAIN for the advise

ALAN</end quote></div>

its simple. if it lets more air in, its letting more dust as well. stick w/ the oem paper and keep cleanings/replacing its cheaper then the engine rebuild. imo.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:52 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the filters will filter good.The K&N will do great in dust but you HAVE to keep in clean and oiled and best to run it with a outerwears prefilter.UNI or Twin Air are best in dust but like the K&N they need to be kept clean and oiled.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ran a kn filter witout the prefilter for 5000 miles and six years. its dusty one ride and muddy the next. never had a issue with it. when i would clean it i would swipe the throat and check for dust/dirt never a issue you must keep them properly oiled for them to work. i would clean mine roughly every 200 miles or so. my brothers bike is done the same way also.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

Been using the origional stock paper on my 05. Blow it out often and throw the outer in the wash with the wifes undies.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

upnort,

Your better man than me. If my wife caught me doing that she would probably wash my underwear
in with re-useable/washable cleaning rags or something, LOL.

R'

Old 07-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

i run a UNI... no real increase in performance but i bought it because you can wash and re-use

Old 07-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: upnort

Been using the origional stock paper on my 05. Blow it out often and throw the outer in the wash with the wifes undies.</end quote></div>

Just be sure to double check and make sure your putting the pre-filter back on the Quad and not a G-string or thong!!

Not too much protection there!!...LOL...Caper..........

Old 07-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've always run stock filters on all my machines. The only aftermarket ones I would consider are No-Toil or Uni. My buddy's K&Ns are a big PITA. And if you clean them with $1/quart gasoline instead of $12.95 quart filter cleaner, like he did, they fall apart and gauze gets sucked into your engine along with the dirt.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

Has kept me away from the wash machine ever since. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2008, 07:16 PM
DCT
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: upnort

Been using the origional stock paper on my 05. Blow it out often and throw the outer in the wash with the wifes undies.</end quote></div>

LMAO... That must make her happy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: TIRED OF BUYING AIR FILTERS