Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Deposit on 09 850 XP

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deposit on 09 850 XP

I don't know about 2 fingers...but its easier to steer in 4x4 then my wifes 2x4 250 bruin.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

I had the end of my collar bone cut off so it quits rubbing on my shoulder. I was missing all of the cartilage that should have been 1/2" thick. I worked so hard it just disappeared and worked for another 10 years after it starting hurting bad. The doctor also took out some bone spurs and sewed my rotator cuff back together after slicing through it to do the rest of the operation. After 6 months of physical therapy, and not working since the operation, I can ride again and I don't need PS. I still have arthritis in both shoulders, and every vertabrae in my neck and back, but at least the bones aren't grinding together every time I move my left arm.</end quote></div>

I didn't say I needed PS, I said it would make it easier to ride. I do mostly slow trail riding in fairly rough country. Sounds like your shoulder was worse than mine is. That is why I'm not letting mine go anylonger. It will just get worse. I just have labral tears, adhesive capsulitus, and some tendon damage.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

The real difference here is the 4x4 systems used in the Grizzly compared to the Sportsmans! The grizzly is almost unsteerable when the front dif. is locked where the Polaris system is really never a problem to steer!

I have really never felt the need for EPS on Sportsmans but as with everything else, marketing dictates that Polaris has to keep up with the Jones, (Yamaha-Honda), even if it isn't completely necessary...kind of figured that is why it is only an option and not standard equipment

Old 08-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Right. If people really needed it, then it would be standard.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: opie1har

I just put a $500 deposit down for the first stealth black 2009 850 xp that the dealer gets in. Down side, is that I'll probably have to wait until November. I am soooo excited.</end quote></div>

I put my deposit down the is moring, exact same machine + EPS. Rumor has it non-EPS models should be in by the end of the month, EPS in OCT/NOV. Who knows though, alot of rumors flying around.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Range Rover

Congratulations!! I bet you are about as excited as I am!! Hopefully we won't have to wait that long to get our eager hands on these dream machines!!

Old 08-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

sweet did u get a good deal on it? there is an L.E one coming to

Old 08-04-2008, 02:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: opie1harI just put a $500 deposit down ... </end quote></div>

Congratulations, I hope you enjoy the quad as much as I enjoy mine.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

Right. If people really needed it, then it would be standard.</end quote></div>

Funny thing is that PS was not even a topic for consideration just a few years ago, but now it's becoming more common on high-end units. I'll bet it will be standard on high end quads pretty soon. Right now demand allows it to be an option that folks are willing to pay for, but in a few years all top level quads will have PS ... no option. Just my opinion, of course. So ... do we just not need it now ... or will we suddenly need it in a few years? Kind of like an automatic transmission or power steering in a car ... I can sure remember when you got neither as "standard" but now you pretty much have to special order a car not to get power steering and auto.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:17 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some good points Doc. I wonder when they'll start adding CD players and climate control? It seems that eventually they're going to have everything a car does. I remember when ATVs were more utility machines for working and getting back in the boonies. We're getting spoiled but I like it. All we need now is a central tire inflation system that we can adjust on-the-fly for different trail conditions.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

it's all about the marketing!
The manufacturers will keep coming up with new creature comforts to make their new products more appealing! If they keep offering the same old thing, we wouldn't have as much of a reason to trade in the old reliable and buy new! Look how many riders switched to the Grizzly just because of the PS...which transformed a rather average machine with it's hard to steer 4x4 system into the market leader it has been for the last year or so! The other manufacturers have to follow suit to neutralize the perceived advantage Yamaha has even though the nature of Honda and Polaris's drive systems really negate the need for it!

All in the marketing!

Quick Reply: Deposit on 09 850 XP