Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New front A Arm guards

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New front A Arm guards

Made new arm guards for my 500 and had them powder coated red to match the EPI springs. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic I'll snap some better shots when I get them installed.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

That's the way to do it. I had put some coating on mine but of course I didn't like it. I had to bathe em and take it all off and rubbed on em w/ some metal polish. I don't know where you live but I live in a fairly small rural city w/ no powder coating business. I might like to invest in this. Where did you do yours at? Thanks!

Old 08-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Trailblazer

Darn nice work. Did you do it yourself or did you have a shop make it? How much did it run your wallet? I just had to replace a CV boot that cost me $130 and was thinking about doing the same thing to boost the protection.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

I did the measure/layout and programmed the machine to cut it. Since I work in a metal shop I grabbed some scrap 1/8 aluminum had it cut, got it bent and got it to the in house powder coating system. I'll probably work on measuring for the rear arms as well. I would have to talk to the quote guy to work up a cost.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

Name:  popc1.gif
Views: 52
Size:  2.9 KB

Old 08-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look good. I wouldnt mind having a set either. Maybe you could work something out I'm sure if you could make em cheap you would be able to sell a bunch on here, and make it worth the companys while to let you do it. Could you coat em in black? I seen some stuff over on the Preddy forum a kid did with a hot jet powder coater. It looked as good as his frame which he had done by a business cause he didnt have an oven big enough. I've been kicking around the idea of getting one. I think you could pay for it just by doing small parts for your friends, the hardest part would be finding an oven but if you drive around the rich part of the city on clean up day I'm sure you'd find one.

my buddy is building a garage now, It will prob. be done by winter, and he has a bunch of metal working machines so we been talking about the things we're gonna build once everythings up and running. So far we're kicking around the idea for a front mount hitch, canoe rack or trailer, modifying the rototiller to hook up to the front and raise it up and down with the winch and some other stuff.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

NICE WORK!!! bag em and sell em, better looking than some I've installed!! Good after market parts sometimes start out like this with just an idea! Good luck

Old 08-16-2008, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer

I guess they are ok if your into precision craftsmanship and and top quality material. not me, mine are made out of a stop sign I ran over and got stuck on the a-arm. if you start making those, people are just gonna be bugging you all the time to give you money, who needs that kind of headache....

Old 08-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

As promised here are the installed pics. Moday I will get the cost of a 1/2 sheet of aluminum and see how many I can get out of that one sheet.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Trailblazer

they look great

Quick Reply: New front A Arm guards