Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The competition is on!

Okay all,

This YOUTUBE video give's the CAN-AMrs
a little bragging rights. Lets have some FUN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNC2NRyGogI

What can our Polaris do to rival against our opponents?
A little healthy forum competition is always a little
good. Please NO harsh brand bashing and lets do it with
class and please post links of our Polaris mashing the
competition in a "similar fashion", I have never seen
anyone break ice before unless falling in, LOL

Enjoy!

R'

Old 08-26-2008, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

atleast the polaris rider had enough sense to stay out of the river and not damage the fish habitat..

Old 08-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

I don't see what the big deal is? That guy can have that crap, I like my plastic unbroken.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:15 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

to me there isnt anything much harder on a wheeler themn that so he can have the bragging rights and the cost to fix it when it breaks lol

Old 08-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I easily outdid that by accident on my first Sp500. I was going down a trail that a beaver decided to put a dam on the side of. I didn't see any good places to go around so I started driving across the ice. After the rear tires got on the ice a ways, the whole ATV dropped straight down and I just drove across the bottom of the pond. It was a little deeper than in this video and the ice was twice as thick. Instead of going a few feet and bogging down like this guy I just drove out without getting stuck. I still don't own a camcorder but I was alone that day anyway. Even if I knew I was going to fall through the ice nobody could have taped it.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:45 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I use to do that with my 89 Yamaha 350 Big Bear, its hard on the CV boot guards because they get cold and brittle, and the ice edge is tough smashing. Its very easy for the guy in second who does not have to do any ice breaking.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey R I need to get some video of my Lab biting and breaking the ice from a small pond by our home so she can swim in it. She does it every year while we are out hunting. I'll take her to it and she just goes to town chomping through it then plop she's in it rolling around. I don't know how she does it, but it doesnt faze her at all. When she gets out she's in hyper mode and really covers some ground!!

Trending Topics

Old 08-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

I've done about the same but a much longer, nastier run...Late deer season I was at camp by myself, shot a big buck which promptly ran across the swap/beaver pond. It tracked and found him clear on the other side. There was no way I was dragging by myself, by hand. There was about 1"-1 1/2" of ice across the swamp. Fired up the kodiak w/26" 589's which was a great mudder. Made it over to him without a problem, never broke through, the way back was a different story. Broke through and had to keep doing the same thing, forward/reverse. I tried to keep 2 tires on the dam...nope, kept sliding down. Back then I didn't care...my machine was bullet proof!! Duh!

The next spring my rear end seized up...turned out I somehow ripped the upper shaft housing boot, filled with mud and trashed it. I'll all but gaurantee the boot ripped while busting that ice, I wasn't in the mud the rest of that winter and the seize up happened before the spring thaw.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That' why most of us leave the ice-breaking to the coast guard.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

As some of you recall, my last ride of last year involved going through an ice covered water/mudhole. It was up to the front rack and about an inch and a half thick. I didn't have to back up and it was with stock 489s. Not impressed!

Quick Reply: The competition is on!