Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Gotta see this!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gotta see this!

Go to the Land and Environment section in this forum and see what this jacka@# (aka deeplaker60) wrote under the heading "Atv'er hits truck and dies" and make sure you read his profile!

Old 08-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotta see this!

Yea sometimes its all about perceptions. In our hunting club the OLD TIMERS always
complaining about something. And YES you guessed it an automatic NO ATV
rule. But they are the first to find us to help them pull the deer out of the woods
especially the SWAMPy areas and thick BRUSH. We take'em anyhow and are
considerate. AFTERALL, we do not want to lessen our chances of bagging the
deer, keep'em parked until its time to drag'em out but I hate their attitude.

People with DOUBLE STANDARDS!

R'

Old 08-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gotta see this!

Did I miss something Firehog? I don't see anything in his post thats really out of line. I read the profile and I see what you mean there but the post isn't any different than we have here in the Polaris Forum about accidents in our area or us or our friends wrecking.

I talked to a buddy today and he told me his nephew was on a friends Rhino this week. He had been drinking and riding around. He stopped at his paps place and his pap gave him sh*& about drinking and riding w/out a helmet. He left there and didnt make it a 1/4 mile and rolled it. They found him about 2 hrs. later unconscience and in bad shape. He was life flighted and is still in a coma. He has several lacerations, broken pelvis, broken shoulder, and a severly fractured skull. They don't think it's going to come out good, if he comes out of his coma they believe he wiil have brain damage. This is a horrible accident that may have been avoided, but even if he wasnt drinking, or he did have a helmet it still could have ended with the same outcome.

We all take these chances everyday, and the possibility of getting hurt is always gonna be there so we just have to deal with it. I'm not going to live life in a bubble so that I won't get hurt so I have to know the risk is there. Have fun this holiday weekend and be careful out there on the trails!!!

Old 08-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gotta see this!

Hey Rowe,

I shouldn't have responded to that right after I read it. Usually, when I read a post that makes me mad, I walk away and often don't respond and just leave it alone. That's what I should have done here. And I was surely out of line with the name calling and I apologize. But in his first paragraph he talks about how he took pictures of atv'ers tearing things up for a file to fight expansion of any atv trail use is BS. And to go on and blame all atv'ers for rutting up the trails is obsurd! Finally, now that he likes atv's, he is not as opposed to them as he used to be. Someone said it best and I should be happy that even a greeny can learn to love atv'ing!

I actually had no problem with the reference to the fatality. It was the combination of his bio and post that angered me. Sorry I threw up!

Old 08-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gotta see this!

FireHog, like I said in the other thread, your an idiot, your post was out of line and you should be embarrassed that you posted that.

If he once hated ATV's, thats fine, to each his own, but now he likes ATV's so big friggin deal, people can change their minds about things ya know.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gotta see this!

10-4 on the bio and creating a file about the ruts. These people pi$$ me off just as much as you. Thats obsurd and I believe people with those beliefs are complete idiots but thats just my opinion!!

In PA our State Parks, and Forests are funded through fishing and hunting license sales, atv registration, and so forth, but the hikers, mtn. bikers, bird watchers, and all the other non-hunting, fishing, riders complain about hunting and how inhumane and how we shouldnt be permitted to be there. For gods sake we fund these projects and they wouldnt be there if it werent for us. Do the tree huggers pay anything to go out there and hug trees? HELL NO!!! They are completely closed minded and it makes me sick!!

Old 08-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gotta see this!

Obviously Koerbs is missing the point here....

Old 08-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gotta see this!

I think he's just running for president of the Perfect People Committee. He has been ragging on anyone that has their own opinion. Get over it Koerbs and quit bitc^ing at everyone. This forum has went a little off track this week. Whats a matter not getting any at home or what!!

Old 08-31-2008, 04:35 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"
Default Gotta see this!

Somewhere, I don't know where, but there must a balance between the two idologys.

I think its called compromise or mutual respect.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:50 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Gotta see this!

I see a lot of people take the inside of a curve even when it puts them on the wrong side of the trail. I've even met them head on and and barely missed them as they tried to get on their own side of the trail and I was headed off the trail toward the trees to avoid them. Since I read that post yesterday I've been wondering if that guy was on the wrong side of the trail taking the inside of the curve. If so his death could have been avoided by staying on the right side. Either way it's a tragedy but maybe one that could easily have been avoided.

Quick Reply: Gotta see this!