Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Ordering Parts Good the Bad and even the Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering Parts Good the Bad and even the Ugly

Recently I had a very poor experience with Rocky Mountain ATV

1st. They would not ship anywhere but to my house? The problem was we were leaving camping to GET to our riding location and they refused to ship it to the campground, I received the not so familiar answer from them "That is our policy". My experience in the past was for them to go OUT of their way not to give me the bureaucrat answer. So please,

1. Can someone recommend a place that will ship other than my house?

2. Also could the location be somewhere in the Midwest?

Thanks!

Old 09-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

dennis kirk

Old 09-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shadetree has kind of a limited selection but I get my order in a day or two if I place it by 5 pm. One store is in Ohio and I think the other is out west.

UPS will ship anywhere that has a physical address, not a P.O. box, and the mail goes everywhere. It's not a problem for a <u>good</u> business to deliver someplace other than your house. I've had things sent to a whole different continent than the one I ordered on. Most have a billing address and a shipping address for you to fill out. Lots of places have free shipping to business addresses too but you have to pay them to ship to your house. I could never get anything delivered at work but it would save me a lot of money if I could.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:29 AM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]ther shadetree outlet is in Big Lake, MN. Shopped there a few times, mostly snowmobile stuff but some good atv stuff as well. Alot of locals buy atv tires there because they mount them right there fairly reasonable.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Moto Psycho

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dearlh

[img][/img]ther shadetree outlet is in Big Lake, MN. Shopped there a few times, mostly snowmobile stuff but some good atv stuff as well. Alot of locals buy atv tires there because they mount them right there fairly reasonable.</end quote></div>

I couldn't remember if it was Minnesota or Montana, only that it was somewhere with an "M" west of me and a lot farther away than Ohio. I knew it wasn't Maine, Maryland, Massachusets, Michigan, Mississippi, or Missouri. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I haven't been to either store but the main one in Ohio mounts tires while you wait too. They have great customer service, and it's the only place I can find an 8" high rack extension. http://www.shadetreepowersports.com/

Old 09-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sparks1032

Recently I had a very poor experience with Rocky Mountain ATV

1st. They would not ship anywhere but to my house? The problem was we were leaving camping to GET to our riding location and they refused to ship it to the campground, I received the not so familiar answer from them "That is our policy". My experience in the past was for them to go OUT of their way not to give me the bureaucrat answer. So please,

1. Can someone recommend a place that will ship other than my house?

2. Also could the location be somewhere in the Midwest?

Thanks!</end quote></div>

A lot of places are like this. It has to do with insurance more then anything else. If the item is shipping to a location that cannot be verified with a credit card holder residence location they are breaking rules against fraud protection.

Even if you are a trusted buyer, they still will not do it as general procedure. I would imagine that if you got on the phone with RMATV management and explained the situation they might be able to make an exception.

But in general most places are not supposed to ship to a location other then the one tied to the credit card or previous verified shipping.......

Old 09-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Trailblazer

If you are looking to order OEM parts, then check out cheap cycle parts. much better pricing too....
http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/

Old 09-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Range Rover

Most places will NOT be violating the fraud agreement if they were to fax me the order form and have me sign it then have it shipped to somewhere else! How could the internet survive in purchasing gifts for other people if we could not send it to somewhere other than my home address! I tried talking to a supervisor who just gave me the same "it is department policy" SO DENNIS KIRK HERE I COME!

Old 09-09-2008, 12:19 AM
Moto Psycho

When I was in Europe and told them to ship my order to my brother in the U.S. they weren't worried about fraud protection and neither was I. That was a long time ago and maybe things have changed, but most places still have a shipping address for you to fill out if it's not the same as your billing address. If it's the same address you just put a check mark in a box, or click on it. I see this all the time.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Range Rover

Don't ship it to Jumbo's house, bound to get picked up by the neighborr, LOL

Quick Reply: Ordering Parts Good the Bad and even the Ugly