Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATV GPS

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV GPS

I have an Garmin Etrex too with the RAM mount. RAM mount is awesome. Holds the GPS good and firm. The Etrex is an awsome unit. Mine has upgraded software with all the river, creeks and marked trail systems on it. Very happy with it. You can mark numerous, trails

Old 10-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATV GPS

I have the Lowrance H2Oc and love the unit ......Also have the R.A.M. mount for the handlebars........................Whatever you do get, I would for sure get a color screen and S/D card ready..............Caper...........

Old 10-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV GPS

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: *5 J's*

I really like the Garmin 76CSx with a RAM mount. Large enough screen to view while riding. Has memory card to store different maps (Street Map, Topo, Blue Charts,) as well as to store your tracks.</end quote></div>

I just up graded from the Garmin Map76 to the Map76CSX with a 1GB card. The color screen is much easier to see and with the memory card I can load more maps. Here is a track from a run we did in Quebec yesterday.....

http://i60.photobucket.com/alb...52008.jpg?t=1225110742

Old 10-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV GPS

You can turn-by-turn navigate on the Garmin 76CSx if you get the CityNavigator Maps, which costs extra. It is not quite a fancy as the vehicle units - but navigates just as well - without the extra cost of having two units.

I primarily needed a portable unit for use in the woods - but wanted the flexibility to navigate the vehicle if I needed. You can also load "BlueMaps" if you wanted to use the 76Csx on the water.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: chadcraig

Can some of these suggested be used in the vehicle too? do they give turn by turn directions?</end quote></div>

Old 10-29-2008, 04:19 AM
Trailblazer
Default ATV GPS

Both the 76CSx and the 60CSx are almost identical units as far as features. The 76CSx is slightly larger physically than the 60CSx, has the buttons above the screen, and is sorta intended for use as a combo marine/general usage GPS. It also floats.

The 60CSx is smaller, fits in the hand better, and has an external rubber-covered antenna on top. It's more intended for hikers+general use. The buttons are below the screen so that you can push the buttons with the thumb of the holding hand without covering the screen. IMHO, the compact case makes the unit a little more rugged, but it doesn't float.

Both have the same screen size, and neither is really better than the other if you're using it in a mount. As I said, the features are almost identical.

Both have been out for several years so you might be able to get a deal on one. Garmin has introduced newer "Colorado" and "Oregon" units so the CSx units are prior generation.